Search This Blog

What I Learned about Leadership from My Dog by John Covington

Thursday, January 10, 2013

While training his German Shepherd for search and rescue, it was obvious that the relationship building and leadership required to work with his dog was exactly the same as with people. Dogs are great labs to improve our leadership as they give you instant feedback, have little or no ego, and if there is a problem, it's always the human's fault.

Goodreads Summary



Dogs are our companions, friends, and family members.  They fill roles in our lives that no one else can and teach us lessons about life.  John Covington recognized what his dogs had to teach and wrote the lessons he learned in his book, What I Learned about Leadership from My Dog.  The lessons Covington explains and describes about leadership include trusting others, identifying our own shortcomings, proper focus, etc.  Being a good leader does not mean shouting the loudest or throwing power around, it is about understanding and responding.
Covington’s writing style is conversational and easy.  Questions that came to my mind as I read were answered in the next paragraph and were usually accompanied by a memory of Covington’s or a quote from someone who works with dogs.  Anyone who holds a leadership position or would like to could learn from this book.  John Covington’s book, What I Learned about Leadership from My Dog earns 5 out of 5 stars.  

5 Stars

*Reviewed by Kristin*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble







This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

0 comments: