Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:53 PM Thursday, August 16, 2012
Inheriting a beautiful old hotel on the seaward shore of Hope Island could be a dream come true for Libby. The inn cries out for her restorer's talent and love of history. She's delighted to learn of family she never knew she had. And the handsome Coast Guard lieutenant she's met there on the island could definitely be the man of her dreams.
But Libby soon realizes that only way she can afford the upkeep on the inn is to sell it to developers who are stalking the island. The father who willed her the inn has died before she could meet him, and her newfound brothers and sisters are convinced she's there to steal their birthright. Worst of all, her best friend and business partner has been kidnapped before her eyes, Libby's under suspicion for the crime, and her handsome lieutenant clearly doubts her innocence.
Libby's dream-come-true is becoming a nightmare. Can she find her friend and establish her innocence? Must she sell Tidewater Inn and lose her family again? Or can she find a home for her heart on the beautiful shores of Hope Island?
Libby Holladay has turned her love of history and architecture into a business with her friend Nicole Ingram. A restoration job on the Outer Banks of North Carolina leads Libby to find that she had a father and has a family that she never knew existed there. When Nicole is kidnapped from Hope Island, Libby arrives to learn about her father, to meet a brother and sister who resent her presence, and to find herself attracted to a local Coast Guard officer. The local law is suspicious that Libby is responsible for Nicole’s disappearance.
This is exciting right from the beginning! Nicole calls Libby to tell her about finding Libby’s father’s family and the family’s historic hotel on Hope Island. When two men grab Nicole from a lonely beach, Libby is watching on her laptop. Libby’s father’s second wife disappeared mysteriously a few years before; a secret drawer in a jewelry box holds some romantic letters from someone other than her husband. Libby’s inheritance includes an old lighthouse and cave – around which tales of Edward Teach circulate. Alec and Libby are drawn to one another despite his wariness – wondering if Libby might be responsible for her partner’s kidnapping. Throughout the story, the kindnesses that her father extended to many of the islanders and his family inspire Libby to let WWJD guide her actions. Her father’s faith, her own desire to do the right thing, and Alec’s faith lead her to a more prayerful life. Libby’s love of old architecture and beautiful old wood might make you look more appreciatively at older homes in your town.
When I was recently browsing through a book store, my friend and I saw Tidewater Inn on the shelf. I didn’t realize how much was going on in this mystery until I enthusiastically gave a summary and recommended it to my friend.
*Reviewed by Colleen*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton: Review, Inte...
- Sugar Walls Book Blurb Blitz Tour!
- Painted Blind by Michelle Hansen
- Betrayed by Ednah Walters
- The Stranger's Magic: The Labyrinths of Echo, Book...
- Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
- The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
- Read the first chapter of Hidden by PC Cast and Kr...
- Deep In The Wave: A Surfing Guide to the Soul by B...
- Aftermath: Growing in Grace through Grief by Marg...
- Back To School Book Clean-Up Giveaway!
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Over The Edge by Mary Connealy
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
- Vestige by Deb Hanrahan
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello
- Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!
- Shards of History Guest Post!
- When A Woman You Love Was Abused: A Husband's Guid...
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Al...
- Sparkle by Denene Millner
- Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion...
- Loving Lady Marcia: First Chapter and Giveaway (at...
- Crimson Footprints Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder, Dr....
- Mrs. Tuesday's Book Blast Giveaway!
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Everlasting Love Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Shades of the Future Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Never Trust a Pretty Wolf Giveaway and Guest Post!...
- Marshals of Journey Creek Guest Post and Giveaway ...
- Check out the trailer for The Empty City!!
- Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
- Nightfall: Guestpost and Giveaway!
- Midnight in Austenland By Shannon Hale
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
- Gallagher's Hope Guest Post & Giveaway!
- Mind Secrets by Chris Reynolds
- Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez
- The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs: Review a...
- Fingerprints Of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
- Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey
- Send by Patty Blount
- ▼ August (49)