Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:03 AM Wednesday, August 8, 2012
1) What can we expect from Waverly and Kieran in Spark?
Waverly and Kieran both get darker. Waverly is still feeling the effects of her captivity on the New Horizon. She's angry and lashes out in all kinds of ways that surprise even her. Kieran is still recovering from his incarceration on the Empyrean, and he's afraid of another mutiny that could be dangerous to him. They both cross the moral line in order to get what they want, but I think they learn from the experience.
2) Is there one particular scene or two that was your favorite to write?
My favorite scene to write was the conversation between Waverly and Seth during their one night together.
3) The cover is beautiful, did you help choose it?
Nope! I liked it right away when I saw it. My publisher is very kind and does ask my opinion. They made a few little tweaks, but other than that, it all came from the brilliant design team.
4) Will Sky Chasers be a trilogy or do we have more books to look forward to?
Right now only a trilogy is planned, but you never know...
5) What was your inspiration for Spark and Glow?
You know, I was writing about 9/11 without even knowing I was doing it. I was in New York when the attacks happened. Right along with millions of other New Yorkers, I smelled the smoke, I walked past the armed soldiers in the subways, I fretfully checked the news every morning before heading out. The experience left a mark on me, and I guess I needed to write about the effects of violence on a society. For Glow and Spark, I scaled it way down.
6) Are you currently working on another book?
I am working on the third book in the trilogy, which is not yet titled, but I've always got lots of other ideas bouncing around in my head. Next I might try historical fiction.
Find the author here! Check out my review of Spark here!
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton: Review, Inte...
- Sugar Walls Book Blurb Blitz Tour!
- Painted Blind by Michelle Hansen
- Betrayed by Ednah Walters
- The Stranger's Magic: The Labyrinths of Echo, Book...
- Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
- The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
- Read the first chapter of Hidden by PC Cast and Kr...
- Deep In The Wave: A Surfing Guide to the Soul by B...
- Aftermath: Growing in Grace through Grief by Marg...
- Back To School Book Clean-Up Giveaway!
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Over The Edge by Mary Connealy
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
- Vestige by Deb Hanrahan
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello
- Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!
- Shards of History Guest Post!
- When A Woman You Love Was Abused: A Husband's Guid...
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Al...
- Sparkle by Denene Millner
- Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion...
- Loving Lady Marcia: First Chapter and Giveaway (at...
- Crimson Footprints Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder, Dr....
- Mrs. Tuesday's Book Blast Giveaway!
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Everlasting Love Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Shades of the Future Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Never Trust a Pretty Wolf Giveaway and Guest Post!...
- Marshals of Journey Creek Guest Post and Giveaway ...
- Check out the trailer for The Empty City!!
- Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
- Nightfall: Guestpost and Giveaway!
- Midnight in Austenland By Shannon Hale
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
- Gallagher's Hope Guest Post & Giveaway!
- Mind Secrets by Chris Reynolds
- Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez
- The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs: Review a...
- Fingerprints Of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
- Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey
- Send by Patty Blount
- ▼ August (49)