Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
Posted by Krystal Larson at 10:23 PM Friday, August 24, 2012
At the University of Washington a team of researchers that include Jake’s fiancée, Angeline Lisbon, know that Jake’s now deceased colleague, Vincent Carpello, was on the cusp of a major discovery that had the potential to turn the world upside down. But when a Venus statue is stolen, Jake goes missing, and a cypher disappears, Angeline sets out to find Jake—Interpol’s number one suspect. Tracked by a dubious Interpol agent, Angeline follows the clues that soon lead her to a raven-worshipping goddess cult in the subterranean Mithraic temples of Rome.
In this supernatural archaeological thriller, the shadow of a shaman must help Jake find his way back to the only world he knows so he can save both himself and Angeline—before it is too late.
Bodies, blood, and mystery. Raven’s Blood takes readers on a fantastic journey with archaeologists and main characters Angeline Lisbon and Jake Lalonde. Angeline must rescue her fiancé, Jake, who has disappeared and is suspected of murdering a colleague. I loved this book despite not reading the first three in the series. Cannon fills her readers in and does not leave them wanting for adventure or great characters.
If there is any justice in the world, this series will be made into movies. The entire time I read this novel, I was imaging the scenes taking place in my mind. This is the type of book where you can’t help doing that.
Readers who love mystery and mysticism will love Cannon’s books. The detail she puts into her work shows and adds to the reading experience. Every book is set in new, exotic locations loaded with history and intrigue. Anyone could love this series.
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton: Review, Inte...
- Sugar Walls Book Blurb Blitz Tour!
- Painted Blind by Michelle Hansen
- Betrayed by Ednah Walters
- The Stranger's Magic: The Labyrinths of Echo, Book...
- Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
- The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
- Read the first chapter of Hidden by PC Cast and Kr...
- Deep In The Wave: A Surfing Guide to the Soul by B...
- Aftermath: Growing in Grace through Grief by Marg...
- Back To School Book Clean-Up Giveaway!
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Over The Edge by Mary Connealy
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
- Vestige by Deb Hanrahan
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello
- Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!
- Shards of History Guest Post!
- When A Woman You Love Was Abused: A Husband's Guid...
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Al...
- Sparkle by Denene Millner
- Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion...
- Loving Lady Marcia: First Chapter and Giveaway (at...
- Crimson Footprints Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder, Dr....
- Mrs. Tuesday's Book Blast Giveaway!
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Everlasting Love Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Shades of the Future Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Never Trust a Pretty Wolf Giveaway and Guest Post!...
- Marshals of Journey Creek Guest Post and Giveaway ...
- Check out the trailer for The Empty City!!
- Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
- Nightfall: Guestpost and Giveaway!
- Midnight in Austenland By Shannon Hale
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
- Gallagher's Hope Guest Post & Giveaway!
- Mind Secrets by Chris Reynolds
- Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez
- The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs: Review a...
- Fingerprints Of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
- Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey
- Send by Patty Blount
- ▼ August (49)