Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion By Kim Ketola
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:44 AM Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Abortion continues to be a hot topic in politics, women's rights, and medical practice. But for the eight to ten million American Christian women who have had one, abortion is a spiritual issue as well, raising questions of life and death, heaven and hell, grief and loss. Writing from her own experience, Kim Ketola sheds light on one of the darkest and most neglected personal issues of our time: the widespread need for healing and spiritual recovery after abortion. "After abortion brought the worst trouble into my life I had ever known," writes Ketola, "I just couldn't see my way free to believe in God's love." With a compassionate heart, Ketola offers ten true stories of healing promise from the Bible to help women answer the most common spiritual torments they face: Is abortion a sin? Does God hate me? Where can I turn in my shame and distress? How could I ever tell anyone the truth? And more.
Inspired by Romans 6:4--"just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life"--this is a definitive resource to help women see themselves and God anew and--finally--to find spiritual healing.
Kim Ketola addresses women who’ve made the impossible decision to abort a child. The book first asks if the reader is searching their hearts and minds trying to heal. The end of the introduction is heartening to readers. She reminds us that we can entrust our hearts to Jesus; we can’t “hide” our thoughts or faults from Him. Quoting John 6:37 and Heb 13:5, she comforts us with words showing God’s eternal care for those who turn to Him.
Ketola offers 3 “tools” at chapter ends to help the healing process – reflection on Bible passages, prayerful requests, and ways to respond using exercises and steps that aid in spiritual growth.
Although I haven’t experienced the pain of abortion, I knew girls who did. The ones that spoke about it to me were ashamed, heartbroken, and grieving. I think that this book would have helped them. Although I cannot relate to the author’s saying that the morality of the abortion did not enter into her thoughts at the time, she is bravely honest to report that she was primarily thinking of her career, her reputation etc… This book is about healing; there is no distraction with discussion of the abortion issue as political policy.
Women who need to heal after grieving this impossible choice will benefit from Ketola’s telling of others in similar situations, from support from God’s Word, and from suggestions for healing.
*Reviewed by Colleen*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton: Review, Inte...
- Sugar Walls Book Blurb Blitz Tour!
- Painted Blind by Michelle Hansen
- Betrayed by Ednah Walters
- The Stranger's Magic: The Labyrinths of Echo, Book...
- Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
- The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
- Read the first chapter of Hidden by PC Cast and Kr...
- Deep In The Wave: A Surfing Guide to the Soul by B...
- Aftermath: Growing in Grace through Grief by Marg...
- Back To School Book Clean-Up Giveaway!
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Over The Edge by Mary Connealy
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
- Vestige by Deb Hanrahan
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello
- Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!
- Shards of History Guest Post!
- When A Woman You Love Was Abused: A Husband's Guid...
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Al...
- Sparkle by Denene Millner
- Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion...
- Loving Lady Marcia: First Chapter and Giveaway (at...
- Crimson Footprints Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder, Dr....
- Mrs. Tuesday's Book Blast Giveaway!
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Everlasting Love Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Shades of the Future Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Never Trust a Pretty Wolf Giveaway and Guest Post!...
- Marshals of Journey Creek Guest Post and Giveaway ...
- Check out the trailer for The Empty City!!
- Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
- Nightfall: Guestpost and Giveaway!
- Midnight in Austenland By Shannon Hale
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
- Gallagher's Hope Guest Post & Giveaway!
- Mind Secrets by Chris Reynolds
- Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez
- The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs: Review a...
- Fingerprints Of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
- Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey
- Send by Patty Blount
- ▼ August (49)