Search This Blog

Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs

Monday, August 6, 2012

Three teenage descendants of Medusa, now united, must claim their heritage to fight the monsters escaped from the abyss.
Gretchen may have known she was a descendant of Medusa long before her sisters--after all, she's spent her life fighting the monsters that escape the abyss--but that doesn't mean it will be easy to teach the other girls the ropes.
Greer has pressing social commitments on her plate and precious little time to train in her newfound powers. But that wretched second sight won't leave her alone, and her fabled heritage seems to be creeping into her fashionable life.
Grace has worries closer to home--like why her brother, Thane, has disappeared. He's hiding something. Could it possibly be related to the secret heritage the triplets share?

Goodreads Summary

The triplets Gretchen, Greer, and Grace recently learned that they are descendants of Medusa, who actually hunted monsters who escaped from the abyss where they were banished.  Now, the three sisters who did not even know of each other must battle opposing forces who all wish for different events to occur.  Gretchen, Greer, and Grace have their work cut out for them. 
    Childs is a great author who really knows her audience.  Sweet Shadows is perfect for teen readers.  It is the best possible blend of mythology, high school romance, and action.  Each sister has a unique personality and personal struggle, I think this adds to them as characters and make them seem more real.  They were easy to remember and keep separate.  That Tera Lynn Childs was able to realize this shows her skill as a writer.  I give this novel four out of five stars. 

4 Stars

*Reviewed by Kristen*
Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Lili said...:

    I gave 3.5 stars to this stories prequel. I really enjoyed it, but the writing was a tiny bit juvenile to me and I didn't feel as if I got to know Greer the same way that I got to know Gretchen and Grace. The prequel seems like that improved, though, so you have definitely kept me excited for the release of Sweet Shadows! Thanks for the review and happy reading. (:

  1. I've had this one on my wishlist since I first saw the cover and read the blurb.

  1. Susan T. said...:

    I don't think I've ever read a story about Medusa before and I love mythology so this really appeals to me!