What Light by Jay Asher
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:05 AM Thursday, June 16, 2016
From Jay Asher, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Thirteen Reasons Why, comes a romance that will break your heart, but soon have you believing again. . . .
Sierra's family runs a Christmas tree farm in Oregon—it's a bucolic setting for a girl to grow up in, except that every year, they pack up and move to California to set up their Christmas tree lot for the season. So Sierra lives two lives: her life in Oregon and her life at Christmas. And leaving one always means missing the other.
Until this particular Christmas, when Sierra meets Caleb, and one life eclipses the other.
By reputation, Caleb is not your perfect guy: years ago, he made an enormous mistake and has been paying for it ever since. But Sierra sees beyond Caleb's past and becomes determined to help him find forgiveness and, maybe, redemption. As disapproval, misconceptions, and suspicions swirl around them, Caleb and Sierra discover the one thing that transcends all else: true love.
What Light is a love story that's moving and life-affirming and completely unforgettable.
You wouldn't call Sierra an army brat, but she certainly feels like one sometimes when she has to move back and forth every year with her family from Oregon to California. Such is the life of a family with a Christmas tree farm. Grow the trees during the year, and sell them during the Christmas season. When shifting down to California for the Christmas season this year brings Caleb into Sierra's life. He is a flawed character with a few scars in his past that the town knows about, but Sierra sees past all that and quickly falls for Caleb hard.
It is a typical boy meet girl story where Caleb comes to buy a tree from the family and ends up falling for Sierra. This is definitely charming in its own way though. Sierra is such a kind soul that sees past the mistakes that he has made to the person that he is today. He is awkward and has rumors surrounding him, but he has a good heart and is truly trying to be a good person because he wants to. Sierra's parents are also great characters in the book along with her friends from school. In general this is a great warm hearted story that will leave you with good feelings throughout. Caleb and Sierra are a great couple and you will truly enjoy reading as their budding relationship blooms.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Frayed by Kara Terzis
- Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
- Unplugged by Donna Freitas: Guest Post and Giveawa...
- Of Better Blood by Susan Moger
- Free Clubhouse Magazine Trial
- Flameout by Keri Arthur: Review and Giveaway!
- Ninth City Burning by J. Patrick Black: Promo and ...
- Make Your Children World Explorers
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
- What Light by Jay Asher
- To Kill A Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee
- .99 Cent Ebook! Hello! by Liza Wiemer
- Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi: Review and Giveaway!
- Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee: Review and Giveaway!...
- Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
- Lazlo's Revenge by Glen Hierlmeier: Excerpt and Gi...
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- Chains of Command by Marko Kloos: Excerpt and Prom...
- Adventures in Odyssey Summer Challenge 2016
- Bukowski In a Sundress by Kim Addonizio: Q&A
- The Secret of Bald Rock Island by Charles A. Salte...
- Frost Blood by Elly Blake
- Google Hangout with YA Authors!
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)