Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:00 AM Monday, June 27, 2016
For fans of Lauren Oliver and E. Lockhart, here is a dreamy love story set in the dark halls of contemporary high school, from New York Times bestselling author Brenna Yovanoff.
Waverly Camdenmar spends her nights running until she can’t even think. Then the sun comes up, life goes on, and Waverly goes back to her perfectly hateful best friend, her perfectly dull classes, and the tiny, nagging suspicion that there’s more to life than student council and GPAs.
Marshall Holt is a loser. He drinks on school nights and gets stoned in the park. He is at risk of not graduating, he does not care, he is no one. He is not even close to being in Waverly’s world.
But then one night Waverly falls asleep and dreams herself into Marshall’s bedroom—and when the sun comes up, nothing in her life can ever be the same. In Waverly’s dreams, the rules have changed. But in her days, she’ll have to decide if it’s worth losing everything for a boy who barely exists.
I'm used to reading more horror/intrigue themed books from this author. This book certainly had the intrigue, but more fantasy than horror. Waverly appears to have a nice life on the outside, but on the inside she secretly wants to run away from all of it. One night Waverly projects herself into Marshall's bedroom and that single event changes her life.
Marshall does not have an easy home life and he was a very sympathetic character. It's hard enough being a teen without extra problems beyond your control. Waverly's character exemplified a strong female. I liked when she started to realize that sometimes it's not worth changing yourself to appease others. I liked how Marshall's and Waverly's characters grew together. The romance aspect was not overdone or "insta-love." I didn't like how high school students were so stereotyped in the book. I don't remember high school being like that, but I guess everyone's experience is different. This book would be a great addition to a young adult/teen reader's bookshelf.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Frayed by Kara Terzis
- Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
- Unplugged by Donna Freitas: Guest Post and Giveawa...
- Of Better Blood by Susan Moger
- Free Clubhouse Magazine Trial
- Flameout by Keri Arthur: Review and Giveaway!
- Ninth City Burning by J. Patrick Black: Promo and ...
- Make Your Children World Explorers
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
- What Light by Jay Asher
- To Kill A Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee
- .99 Cent Ebook! Hello! by Liza Wiemer
- Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi: Review and Giveaway!
- Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee: Review and Giveaway!...
- Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
- Lazlo's Revenge by Glen Hierlmeier: Excerpt and Gi...
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- Chains of Command by Marko Kloos: Excerpt and Prom...
- Adventures in Odyssey Summer Challenge 2016
- Bukowski In a Sundress by Kim Addonizio: Q&A
- The Secret of Bald Rock Island by Charles A. Salte...
- Frost Blood by Elly Blake
- Google Hangout with YA Authors!
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)