The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:27 PM Sunday, June 19, 2016
New York City as you’ve never seen it before. A thousand-story tower stretching into the sky. A glittering vision of the future, where anything is possible—if you want it enough.
Welcome to Manhattan, 2118.
A hundred years in the future, New York is a city of innovation and dreams. But people never change: everyone here wants something…and everyone has something to lose.
Leda Cole’s flawless exterior belies a secret addiction—to a drug she never should have tried and a boy she never should have touched.
Eris Dodd-Radson’s beautiful, carefree life falls to pieces when a heartbreaking betrayal tears her family apart.
Rylin Myers’s job on one of the highest floors sweeps her into a world—and a romance—she never imagined…but will her new life cost Rylin her old one?
Watt Bakradi is a tech genius with a secret: he knows everything about everyone. But when he’s hired to spy by an upper-floor girl, he finds himself caught up in a complicated web of lies.
And living above everyone else on the thousandth floor is Avery Fuller, the girl genetically designed to be perfect. The girl who seems to have it all—yet is tormented by the one thing she can never have.
Debut author Katharine McGee has created a breathtakingly original series filled with high-tech luxury and futuristic glamour, where the impossible feels just within reach. But in this world, the higher you go, the farther there is to fall….
I read through other reviews before beginning this book and I have to say, the reviewers claiming this book is reminiscent of Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girls (both shows, I watched) are telling the truth. The characters all live in an impressive and technologically advanced high rise. The higher the floor the more privileged and wealthy the person. I loved how the author included fantasized pieces of technology that I had never thought of or cared about and fashioned them into the story. Technology ran rampant in the plot and I loved how the authors applied it.
The characters were Ok. They were definitely flawed and it was hard to like any of them, at times. I think Avery or Eris were my favorites, but I largely didn't like them during the book either. Many characters lacked empathy and it was flinch-worthy to read their thoughts on others. I was surprised that the vast majority of the characters were unlikable, but it didn't make me not want to finish the story. I liked the descriptions and how the book altered between each characters' viewpoint. This book would definitely be a good read for fans of Gossip Girls or Pretty Little Liars or a reader looking for something a bit different and challenging.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Frayed by Kara Terzis
- Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
- Unplugged by Donna Freitas: Guest Post and Giveawa...
- Of Better Blood by Susan Moger
- Free Clubhouse Magazine Trial
- Flameout by Keri Arthur: Review and Giveaway!
- Ninth City Burning by J. Patrick Black: Promo and ...
- Make Your Children World Explorers
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
- What Light by Jay Asher
- To Kill A Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee
- .99 Cent Ebook! Hello! by Liza Wiemer
- Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi: Review and Giveaway!
- Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee: Review and Giveaway!...
- Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
- Lazlo's Revenge by Glen Hierlmeier: Excerpt and Gi...
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- Chains of Command by Marko Kloos: Excerpt and Prom...
- Adventures in Odyssey Summer Challenge 2016
- Bukowski In a Sundress by Kim Addonizio: Q&A
- The Secret of Bald Rock Island by Charles A. Salte...
- Frost Blood by Elly Blake
- Google Hangout with YA Authors!
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)