Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:00 AM Monday, June 13, 2016
As heir to a kingdom of floating continents, Kali has spent her life bound by limits—by her duties as a member of the royal family, by a forced betrothal to the son of a nobleman, and by the edge of the only world she’s ever known—a small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans. She is the Eternal Flame of Hope for what’s left of mankind, the wick and the wax burning in service for her people, and for their revered Phoenix, whose magic keeps them aloft.
When Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks, and other terrifying beasts. But the more time she spends on earth, the more dark truths she begins to uncover about her home in the sky, and the more resolute she is to start burning for herself.
What if everything you knew got turned upside down? If you were used to a protected and sheltered world above all of the real dangers down below would you second guess the stories you heard, or just believe what the masses tell you? What if you had the chance to explore the so called "danger zone" and see for yourself if it all was real? Would you do it? Kali has been a member of royalty her whole life stuck on an island above what is unsafe in the world. She is about to be opened up to a world that she thought that she knew, but truly knows nothing about at all. Truths will be unearthed and her mind will be blown a thousand times over.
I loved so much about this novel, its hard to know where to begin. I was a huge fan of the Harry Potter series books and this book has a lot of the elements of the fantasy and wonder that was present in them. I love all of the random beasts that are encountered and talked about. The author does such a great job at describing them through stories and encounters and makes them just the right amount of creepy. This book is also layered deeply with double meaning and you will always find yourself having "aha" moments where you realize something you read has more to it. It was so much fun to have things unfold before my eyes and it really added to the wonder of the story. You have to check out this story; it will be an amazing journey that you will not regret.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Frayed by Kara Terzis
- Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
- Unplugged by Donna Freitas: Guest Post and Giveawa...
- Of Better Blood by Susan Moger
- Free Clubhouse Magazine Trial
- Flameout by Keri Arthur: Review and Giveaway!
- Ninth City Burning by J. Patrick Black: Promo and ...
- Make Your Children World Explorers
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
- What Light by Jay Asher
- To Kill A Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee
- .99 Cent Ebook! Hello! by Liza Wiemer
- Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi: Review and Giveaway!
- Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee: Review and Giveaway!...
- Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
- Lazlo's Revenge by Glen Hierlmeier: Excerpt and Gi...
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- Chains of Command by Marko Kloos: Excerpt and Prom...
- Adventures in Odyssey Summer Challenge 2016
- Bukowski In a Sundress by Kim Addonizio: Q&A
- The Secret of Bald Rock Island by Charles A. Salte...
- Frost Blood by Elly Blake
- Google Hangout with YA Authors!
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)