Weightless by Sarah Bannan
Posted by sailingaway at 9:15 PM Friday, September 11, 2015
When 15-year-old Carolyn moves from New Jersey to Alabama with her mother, she rattles the status quo of the junior class at Adams High School. A good student and natural athlete, she’s immediately welcomed by the school’s cliques. She’s even nominated to the homecoming court and begins dating a senior, Shane, whose on again/off again girlfriend Brooke becomes Carolyn’s bitter romantic rival. When a video of Carolyn and Shane making out is sent to everyone, Carolyn goes from golden girl to slut, as Brooke and her best friend Gemma try to restore their popularity. Gossip and bullying hound Carolyn, who becomes increasingly private and isolated. When Shane and Brooke—now back together—confront Carolyn in the student parking lot, injuring her, it’s the last attack she can take.
Sarah Bannan's deft use of the first person plural gives Weightless an emotional intensity and remarkable power that will send you flying through the pages and leave you reeling.
Here is another emotional roller coaster of a novel about a girl that moves into town, and finds herself at a new high school. Without even meaning to she ends up causing trouble with the current cliques and finds herself in the middle of a war. What's worse, the threats become really violent and Carolyn doesn't know how much more she can take.
I truly felt for Carolyn in this book. I can't imagine how hard it must be to move to a new high school in the middle of your four years. You are walking into an environment that is already established and immediately feel like you are the imposing force. Others can be the same, especially at that age. It only makes sense that trouble ended up brewing when Carolyn went for someone else's boyfriend. The author does a great job at making the tension cut through the pages and leave you clenching your teeth as you read through some of the more intense scenes. I love reading books in this genre because although I am not 30 years old, I still get a kick out of revisiting how dramatic the kids are in high school. This is a fun afternoon read that will fulfill your need for a little teenage angst. Definitely a book you should look into.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (332)
- Banned Books Giveaway!
- Unafraid by Gracie Malone
- Facing Fire by HelenKay Dimon: Excerpt and Giveawa...
- Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain
- Forbidden by Eve Bunting
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry: Banned Books Blog...
- You’ll Love to Listen! INTRODUCING AVON ON THE AIR...
- The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: New Vi...
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jac...
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet
- The Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- The Raven Queen by Che Golden
- The Weight of Feathers
- Updraft by Fran Wilde: Interview and Giveaway!
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
- One by Sarah Crossan
- Sound by Alexandra Duncan
- Yolo Juliet, Srsly Hamlet, Macbeth #killingit, and...
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan
- About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: Interview and...
- Interview with Leah Scheier!
- Under His Skin: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockma...
- MILLY x LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE SWEEPSTAKES!
- Nightmares! and The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Seg...
- Twist My Charm: The Popularity Spell by Toni Galla...
- Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
- Jennifer Armentrout Preorder Campaign!
- Avon Updates!
- Ancient Earth Journal: The Early Cretaceous by Jua...
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Promo ...
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)