The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:11 PM Friday, September 11, 2015
It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.
The accident season has been part of seventeen-year-old Cara's life for as long as she can remember. Towards the end of October, foreshadowed by the deaths of many relatives before them, Cara's family becomes inexplicably accident-prone. They banish knives to locked drawers, cover sharp table edges with padding, switch off electrical items - but injuries follow wherever they go, and the accident season becomes an ever-growing obsession and fear.
But why are they so cursed? And how can they break free?
Imagine a season every year where you are prone to injuries and pain. Although I find the premise cool, I think I would be wrapped up in a blanket in a padded room. Cara doesn't have that option (though her mom does take the time to make everything safer). Cara and her family have to be extra cautious during the accident season. I loved how the author made the accidents seem like they could happen to anyone...but not at the same rate.
I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. They each had something to add to the story as a whole. The author was fantastic at getting the reader to care about the characters and tying all of them in to the resolution at the end. The ending itself was both surprising and satisfying. It's hard to say too much without giving something away. I loved how I never anticipated the ending. This book is a great read through and through and recommended to young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (327)
- Banned Books Giveaway!
- Unafraid by Gracie Malone
- Facing Fire by HelenKay Dimon: Excerpt and Giveawa...
- Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain
- Forbidden by Eve Bunting
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry: Banned Books Blog...
- You’ll Love to Listen! INTRODUCING AVON ON THE AIR...
- The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: New Vi...
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jac...
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet
- The Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- The Raven Queen by Che Golden
- The Weight of Feathers
- Updraft by Fran Wilde: Interview and Giveaway!
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
- One by Sarah Crossan
- Sound by Alexandra Duncan
- Yolo Juliet, Srsly Hamlet, Macbeth #killingit, and...
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan
- About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: Interview and...
- Interview with Leah Scheier!
- Under His Skin: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockma...
- MILLY x LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE SWEEPSTAKES!
- Nightmares! and The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Seg...
- Twist My Charm: The Popularity Spell by Toni Galla...
- Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
- Jennifer Armentrout Preorder Campaign!
- Avon Updates!
- Ancient Earth Journal: The Early Cretaceous by Jua...
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Promo ...
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)