For most of her life, Lirael has been training to kill—and replace—a duplicate version of herself on a parallel Earth. She is the perfect sleeper-soldier. But she’s beginning to suspect she is not a good person.
The two Earths are identical in almost every way. Two copies of every city, every building, even every person. But the people from the second Earth know something their duplicates do not—two versions of the same thing cannot exist. They—and their whole planet—are slowly disappearing. Lira has been trained mercilessly since childhood to learn everything she can about her duplicate, to be a ruthless sleeper-assassin who kills that other Lirael and steps seamlessly into her life.
An intricate, literary stand-alone from an astonishing new voice, The Unquiet takes us deep inside the psyche of a strong teenage heroine struggling with what she has been raised to be and who she really is. Fans of eerily futuristic and beautifully crafted stories such as Never Let Me Go, Orphan Black, and Fringe will find themselves haunted by this unsettling debut.
What if you knew that the actions that you are choosing in life aren't typically what your personality would have done. It would be scary knowing that in your heart, making this one choice would normally be going a different way. You can't help but do things "wrong" though and you don't know what is compelling you. In this story, humans are being cloned and one of these clones came out a little bit too self aware that something isn't right.
I love the idea behind this story. We have long been telling stories about clones, and their purposes have ranged from organ harvesting, to someone wanting another friend that they know will do things exactly the same way that they would. The characters are also so unbelievably well developed that they seem like you are interacting with something organic on the page in front of you. You feel what they feel, from their emotions, to the physical pains that they feel. This story seems so real at times, that it is unsettling and will bother you, but only in ways that will want you to see the resolution. This is a great book and you need to check out this thriller.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- Banned Books Giveaway!
- Unafraid by Gracie Malone
- Facing Fire by HelenKay Dimon: Excerpt and Giveawa...
- Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain
- Forbidden by Eve Bunting
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry: Banned Books Blog...
- You’ll Love to Listen! INTRODUCING AVON ON THE AIR...
- The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: New Vi...
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jac...
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet
- The Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- The Raven Queen by Che Golden
- The Weight of Feathers
- Updraft by Fran Wilde: Interview and Giveaway!
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
- One by Sarah Crossan
- Sound by Alexandra Duncan
- Yolo Juliet, Srsly Hamlet, Macbeth #killingit, and...
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan
- About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: Interview and...
- Interview with Leah Scheier!
- Under His Skin: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockma...
- MILLY x LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE SWEEPSTAKES!
- Nightmares! and The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Seg...
- Twist My Charm: The Popularity Spell by Toni Galla...
- Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
- Jennifer Armentrout Preorder Campaign!
- Avon Updates!
- Ancient Earth Journal: The Early Cretaceous by Jua...
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Promo ...
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)