About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
Posted by sailingaway at 8:47 PM Friday, September 11, 2015
Eighteen-year-old Tally is absolutely sure of everything: her genius, the love of her adoptive family, the loyalty of her best friend, Shane, and her future career as a Nobel prize-winning astronomer. There's no room in her tidy world for heartbreak or uncertainty—or the charismatic, troubled mother who abandoned her soon after she was born. But when a sudden discovery upends her fiercely ordered world, Tally sets out on an unexpected quest to seek out the reclusive musician who may hold the key to her past—and instead finds Maddy, an enigmatic and beautiful girl who will unlock the door to her future. The deeper she falls in love with Maddy, the more Tally begins to realize that the universe is bigger—and more complicated—than she ever imagined. Can Tally face the truth about her family—and find her way home in time to save herself from its consequences?
This is the third installment in the Metamorphoses series and this book definitely continues with the same candor that the other two books set. You get the same odd quirkiness that the other books deliver and because of that I found it a little hard to get into the story. There are some redeeming factors that many would find charming though.
As someone who is usually on the uncomfortable side of reading in the LGBT genre, I have to say that this book does a great job at making the budding relationship very natural to read about. Tally and Maddy are very well portrayed as a believable couple with great moments and struggles just like everyone out there on the planet. Speaking on a note a little higher than the two lovers in the story, the book also does a great job at showing the diversity of the world today, and that superficial differences like sexuality and sexual identity can't cover up the issues that human beings face when in the dating world as a whole. There is so much that this book covers, that it may be overwhelming for some, but I encourage you to push past your squeamish bone in your body and give this story a try. It is fun and intense and still has a great message embedded that everyone should see.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- Banned Books Giveaway!
- Unafraid by Gracie Malone
- Facing Fire by HelenKay Dimon: Excerpt and Giveawa...
- Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain
- Forbidden by Eve Bunting
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry: Banned Books Blog...
- You’ll Love to Listen! INTRODUCING AVON ON THE AIR...
- The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: New Vi...
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jac...
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet
- The Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- The Raven Queen by Che Golden
- The Weight of Feathers
- Updraft by Fran Wilde: Interview and Giveaway!
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
- One by Sarah Crossan
- Sound by Alexandra Duncan
- Yolo Juliet, Srsly Hamlet, Macbeth #killingit, and...
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan
- About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: Interview and...
- Interview with Leah Scheier!
- Under His Skin: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockma...
- MILLY x LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE SWEEPSTAKES!
- Nightmares! and The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Seg...
- Twist My Charm: The Popularity Spell by Toni Galla...
- Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
- Jennifer Armentrout Preorder Campaign!
- Avon Updates!
- Ancient Earth Journal: The Early Cretaceous by Jua...
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Promo ...
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)