Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:35 AM Saturday, September 5, 2015
Will Caynes never has been good with girls. At seventeen, he’s still waiting for his first kiss. He’s certainly not expecting it to happen in a drunken make-out session with his best friend, Angus. But it does and now Will’s conflicted—he knows he likes girls, but he didn’t exactly hate kissing a guy.
Then Will meets Brandy, a cute and easy-to-talk-to sophomore. He’s totally into her too—which proves, for sure, that he’s not gay. So why does he keep hooking up with Angus on the sly?
Will knows he can’t keep seeing both of them, but besides his new job in a diner, being with Brandy and Angus are the best parts of his whole messed-up life. His divorced parents just complicate everything. His father, after many half-baked business ventures and endless house renovations, has started drinking again. And his mom is no help—unless loading him up with a bunch of stuff he doesn’t need plus sticking him with his twin half-sisters counts as parenting. He’s been bouncing between both of them for years, and neither one feels like home.
Deciding who to love, who to choose, where to live. Whichever way Will goes, someone will get hurt. Himself, probably the most.
High school is a difficult time and a time of questioning. Will has a girlfriend and a best friend; two different genders and two different possibilities. He knows he likes to kiss his girlfriend, but his first kiss was with his best friend, Angus. I can't imagine being stuck in that predicament, but it is a hard situation. Will struggles with the concept of being half gay and routinely goes between Angus and Brandy, his girlfriend. I felt terrible for both Angus and Brandy; Brandy wasn't aware of what was going on between Angus and Will and Angus knew, but couldn't say. I really hated the portions of the book where Will was clearly cheating.
Will's character was dynamic and I found him easy to connect to (minus the cheating parts). He was confused, scared, and wanted to find a way to keep both Angus and Brandy in his life. I thought the author developed Brandy and Angus's characters very well. I felt bad for both of them..a little less so for Angus who at least knew what was going on. The novel goes on to showcase the difficulties of coming to terms with bisexuality at this age. There are a decent amount of sexual scenes so this book is certainly meant for older/mature readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- Banned Books Giveaway!
- Unafraid by Gracie Malone
- Facing Fire by HelenKay Dimon: Excerpt and Giveawa...
- Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain
- Forbidden by Eve Bunting
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry: Banned Books Blog...
- You’ll Love to Listen! INTRODUCING AVON ON THE AIR...
- The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: New Vi...
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jac...
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet
- The Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- The Raven Queen by Che Golden
- The Weight of Feathers
- Updraft by Fran Wilde: Interview and Giveaway!
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
- One by Sarah Crossan
- Sound by Alexandra Duncan
- Yolo Juliet, Srsly Hamlet, Macbeth #killingit, and...
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan
- About A Girl by Sarah McCarry
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: Interview and...
- Interview with Leah Scheier!
- Under His Skin: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockma...
- MILLY x LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE SWEEPSTAKES!
- Nightmares! and The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Seg...
- Twist My Charm: The Popularity Spell by Toni Galla...
- Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
- Jennifer Armentrout Preorder Campaign!
- Avon Updates!
- Ancient Earth Journal: The Early Cretaceous by Jua...
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Promo ...
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)