Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny by Nick Nicholson, M.D. and B.A. Blackwood
Posted by sailingaway at 9:20 PM Saturday, December 21, 2013
Everybody loves a quick fix—especially when it comes to losing weight. Whether it’s a new diet, an exercise regimen, or surgery, people are always looking for the shortest path to their ideal weight.
Bariatric surgery can help you get ahead of your weight issues, but it’s not a one-and-done remedy. Surgery can give you a head start, but lasting weight loss requires maintenance. While weight loss surgery can speed up the process of achieving an ideal weight, without proper lifestyle changes, the weight will simply return. Readers of this book will discover how their emotions play an important role in their ability to maintain a healthy weight, and will learn how to address issues that may arise in their relationships after weight loss.
Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny can help. Written for people who are considering or have already undergone bariatric surgery, this guide offers honest and easy-to-read insights into both its benefits and the obstacles people face afterward.
With this book, coauthors Dr. Nick Nicholson and B. A. Blackwood have combined their shared passion for healthy living to create an informative guide that will encourage people suffering from obesity to make the necessary changes to live a healthier life.
Nicholson is one of the country’s most renowned bariatric surgeons and a recognized expert on obesity and its treatment.
I have never been someone who struggled with weight maintenance so it was initially a stretch to find a connection to this book. However, I have always had an interest in medical procedures and health in general so this book was able to grab my attention. I found it interesting to read about the issues that people face before and after surgery and learned a few things that I would have never though about. It is not as easy as "have surgery, get thin."
The tips and insights that lie within the pages here are a great source of information for someone who is considering the surgery as it lays everything out in plain sight. The practical and realistic approach that it taken is also easy to follow and will leave everyone with a good base knowledge from the person having the surgery to the family members providing support in the whole process.
*Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (293)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- The Blossoming Universe of Violet Diamond by Brend...
- The In-Between by Barbara Stewar
- MOA by Tricia Stewart Shiu
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Unforgotten by Jessica Brody
- 15 Winter Reads: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston: Blog Tour!
- Midwinter's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Notes of a Tourist on Planet Earth by J.D. Smith
- The Fountain Of The Earth by H.L. Le Roy
- Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinar...
- Sunkissed by Carys Jones
- The Holdout by Laurel Osterkamp
- Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny by Nick Nicho...
- The Terrorists' Apprentice by Walter Craig
- The Witch by W.C. James
- The Pleasure of Memory by Welcome Cole
- Antiphon (The Psalms of Isaak Book 3) by Ken Schol...
- Canticle (The Psalms of Isaak book #2) by Ken Scho...
- Visions of Fire & Ice: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Children Who Time Lost by Marvin Amazon
- To Know You by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel...
- The Facebook Diet by Gemini Adams
- Be Sure To Buy A Print Copy of Be With Me!
- Lamentation by Ken Scholes
- Good Faith by Liz Crowe: Promo and Giveaway!
- December Book News: Rachel Silberman Edition!
- Twisted by Holly Hook: Promo and Teaser!
- The Balborite Curse: Promo and Giveaway!
- Control by Lydia Kang
- The Scandal in Kissing an Heir: Excerpt and Giveaw...
- Through The Oracle's Mist: GIVEAWAY and Promotion!...
- Witch Rising: Release Day and Cover Blitz GIVEAWAY...
- An Incurable Insanity by Simi K. Rao
- Upcoming Twitter Chat!
- Marking Time by April White
- Roses in Ecuador by Heather Huffman
- HarperCollins' News and Giveaways!
- Best of 2013 Giveaway Hop!
- Flick: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Kirby Puckernut and the Christmas Surprise Giveawa...
- The Christmas Train: Spotlight and Giveaway!
- Kindle Fire Giveaway December 2013!
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- How Wendy Redbird Dancing Survived the Dark Ages o...
- A Walk One Winter Night by Al Andrews
- Hollow City Trailer!
- Credara by JE Henderson
- Help Choose a Book to be Published!
- Chat with Sophie Jordan at 3 PM EST/ 2 PM CST
- Here Are a Bunch of Great Titles and Why To Read T...
- What titles are you looking forward to at ALA?
- The Hardest Thing in This World by Nicole Eva Fras...
- Gunpowder Tea by Margaret Brownley
- Try out the Harlequin Scavenger Book Hunt!
- Sneak Peak Into Empower by Jessica Shirvington!
- ▼ December (57)
- ► 2012 (818)