Gunpowder Tea by Margaret Brownley
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:05 PM Monday, December 2, 2013
In a case that could change her career, Miranda uncovers a love that will change her life.
When Miranda Hunt sees the classified ad for an heiress to the legendary Last Chance Ranch, she knows assuming the identity of Annie Beckman is the perfect cover. As one of the finest agents for the Pinkerton Detective Agency, Miranda has been tasked with apprehending the Phantom – an elusive and notorious train robber thought to be hiding on the sprawling ranch.
But she isn’t the only one there with something to hide. Wells Fargo detective Jeremy Taggert is working the scene undercover as well. And although their true identities are a secret, it is impossible for Jeremy and Miranda to hide the spark that flares between them.
But neither is about to let romance interfere with such a huge case. Besides, Miranda hasn’t removed Jeremy from her list of suspects yet. The closer they come to uncovering the identity of the Phantom, the more dangerous he gets – and no one on the ranch is safe.
But neither are their hearts – the longer Miranda and Jeremy spends working together, the harder it becomes to keep their feelings in check. Their careers – and their lives – depend on solving this case. Love will have to wait.
If you're looking for both a sweet romance and intriguing mystery then this book is perfect for you! Miranda Hunt is a sort of Nancy Drew; she assumes an identity to try to capture a culprit at Last Chance Ranch. Of course, Miranda is not the only detective on the case. Jeremy Taggert is hot on the trail and also interested in Miranda. As their investigations begin to intertwine, the two start to form both an uneasy alliance and a relationship-even though Miranda still suspects Jeremy (at least a little bit) as being her culprit.
Miranda's character is richly described and easy to enjoy. I loved her fun nature and high intellect. I also loved how the author made the "Phantom" easy to hate. He was an interesting villain; her certainly gave plenty of people the run-around. I did like Jeremy. Though Miranda did not really need a hero, I liked that he was there to support and challenge her. Who doesn't enjoy a challenge? I loved how the author delved into the dialogue and tradition that one might expect with a book titled "gunpowder tea." This book is recommended to adult readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- The Blossoming Universe of Violet Diamond by Brend...
- The In-Between by Barbara Stewar
- MOA by Tricia Stewart Shiu
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Unforgotten by Jessica Brody
- 15 Winter Reads: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston: Blog Tour!
- Midwinter's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Notes of a Tourist on Planet Earth by J.D. Smith
- The Fountain Of The Earth by H.L. Le Roy
- Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinar...
- Sunkissed by Carys Jones
- The Holdout by Laurel Osterkamp
- Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny by Nick Nicho...
- The Terrorists' Apprentice by Walter Craig
- The Witch by W.C. James
- The Pleasure of Memory by Welcome Cole
- Antiphon (The Psalms of Isaak Book 3) by Ken Schol...
- Canticle (The Psalms of Isaak book #2) by Ken Scho...
- Visions of Fire & Ice: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Children Who Time Lost by Marvin Amazon
- To Know You by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel...
- The Facebook Diet by Gemini Adams
- Be Sure To Buy A Print Copy of Be With Me!
- Lamentation by Ken Scholes
- Good Faith by Liz Crowe: Promo and Giveaway!
- December Book News: Rachel Silberman Edition!
- Twisted by Holly Hook: Promo and Teaser!
- The Balborite Curse: Promo and Giveaway!
- Control by Lydia Kang
- The Scandal in Kissing an Heir: Excerpt and Giveaw...
- Through The Oracle's Mist: GIVEAWAY and Promotion!...
- Witch Rising: Release Day and Cover Blitz GIVEAWAY...
- An Incurable Insanity by Simi K. Rao
- Upcoming Twitter Chat!
- Marking Time by April White
- Roses in Ecuador by Heather Huffman
- HarperCollins' News and Giveaways!
- Best of 2013 Giveaway Hop!
- Flick: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Kirby Puckernut and the Christmas Surprise Giveawa...
- The Christmas Train: Spotlight and Giveaway!
- Kindle Fire Giveaway December 2013!
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- How Wendy Redbird Dancing Survived the Dark Ages o...
- A Walk One Winter Night by Al Andrews
- Hollow City Trailer!
- Credara by JE Henderson
- Help Choose a Book to be Published!
- Chat with Sophie Jordan at 3 PM EST/ 2 PM CST
- Here Are a Bunch of Great Titles and Why To Read T...
- What titles are you looking forward to at ALA?
- The Hardest Thing in This World by Nicole Eva Fras...
- Gunpowder Tea by Margaret Brownley
- Try out the Harlequin Scavenger Book Hunt!
- Sneak Peak Into Empower by Jessica Shirvington!
- ▼ December (57)
- ► 2012 (818)