Search This Blog


A Walk One Winter Night by Al Andrews

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Real Christmas Story

Rediscover the simple joy of wonder!
What started as a simple, late night stroll to clear his head from the hassles of the season turned into something that can only be described as...real.


Al Andrews is the director of Porter's Call, a ministry to recording artists and their families in Franklin, Tennessee. He devotes 100% of the profits of his children's books to charities that aid children in crisis and inner city initiatives.

Worthy Publishing Summary

If you're looking for a cute Holiday book or stocking stuffer, check out A Walk One Winter Night.  I loved the little illustrations and the feel of the book.  I know what the main character feel like; my own room is cluttered at the moment and walking away from the clutter feels good.  When the man comes along what seems like a simplistic manger scene with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, etc...he experiences a life-altering scene.

The author takes a short story and turns it into a little Christmas joy.  I really did identify with the character's dislike of clutter and overall bad mood prior to coming across the manger scene.  I can see my little sister loving this book because she says there is a lesson in everything.  I have walked by Christmas scenes and thought nothing of it, but now I think I will look more closely.  I recommend this book during this Holiday season to all ages.

4 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.


  1. Wren B. said...:

    I love short stories and the cover is so pretty.

  1. Susan T. said...:

    What a cute book and for a great cause too!

  1. Berenice said...:

    This cover is super cute. I love the colors. And the story sounds really sweet.