Search This Blog

Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Andie had it all planned out. 

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks)

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing - if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected. 

And where’s the fun in that?

Goodreads Summary

Scandals can change everything.  Andie's life turned upside down when her politician father is fingered in a potential career-wrecking crime.  She can no longer participate in the amazing medical opportunity and she has a lot on her plate.  Instead, she walks dogs and slowly allows herself to recover from the scandal. She also meets a handsome guy who just might fit the bill for love interest.

I really liked how the author handled Andie's relationship to her father.  I remember those teenage years and I wasn't always a walk in the park (and neither was my father, if I might say)!  The realistic dialogue and emotional outpouring made me feel like the book could be about someone's life.  I liked how the author wove Andie's mother's absence into the plot and how her friends' reactions and support helped Andie.  The love interest was cute enough, but I wasn't super "in love" with him like I sometimes am with book boyfriends.  I appreciated that the plot didn't revolve around romance; there was plenty of room for familial and friendship relationships, as well as one's relationship to oneself.  This book did feel extremely long in parts and I admit to skimming.  This book would be enjoyed by other Morgan Matson fans and young adult/teen readers.

3 1/2 Stars


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: