Search This Blog

Before You Say I Do Again by Benjamin Berkely

Friday, February 15, 2013
Bookshelves are filled with warm and fuzzy titles authored by psychologists and family counselors. Their message is to teach how to listen to each other and improve the relationship. "Before You Say I Do, Again!" is not a how to book to get back together or to stay together. Instead it takes the gloves off and provides insight as to the issues one must consider before walking down the aisle a second time. Tackling a serious subject, but presented in a sometimes whimsical fashion, "Before You Say I Do, Again!' puts the brakes on the wedding ceremony and provides the reader with the questions that must be answered before you drive down the path of destruction.

Goodreads Summary

If you're looking for a realistic look on love and relationships, give this book a try.  Everyone has a few unanswered questions as far as their love life is concerned.  This book is divided into four easily navigable parts that will aid the reader in participating in a healthier relationship.  If a reader picks this book up, he/she should be prepared to look at his/her own participation in the relationship-a divorce is rarely one-sided.  The author realistically lays down the foundation for a great new relationship and helps the reader mentally and emotionally prepare to connect with someone new. 

Throughout the book, there are many examples illustrating what Berkley is referring to.  His advice is clear and solid.  Part 1 guides the reader through their previous divorce; don't worry, the author is gentle.  Part 2 helps to prep the reader for his/her new relationship/possible remarriage.  Part 3 focuses on the commitment required to say "I do."  Part 4 helps the reader determine true compatibility.  Anyone who is looking into a second marriage should take a chance on this book.

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

5 comments:

  1. All in all, this just doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. I am not sure why, but it doesn't do much for me. Did like the review, though!

  1. I'm glad you found Before You Say I Do Again a helpful resource for those who are thinking about getting married again. I wish I would have had this book before the first time I got married. My current husband and I have been married for over 16 years, I took Benjamin's advice the second time around without even knowing it, until now.

  1. Chelsea B. said...:

    This sounds like an intriguing and helpful book. Thanks for sharing a thoughtful review.

  1. Such a nice review, Not sure if this sounds like my kind of book, but id definitely be open to trying it :)

  1. Diana said...:

    yeay, thanks for sharing! :)