The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:54 AM Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Oh yeah. Croix. Denver never thought in a million years he’d ask her out, but who was she to question this miracle of fate? Well, that wasn’t the only surprise fate had in store.
During the party a tsunami hit the coast of California, wiping out everything in its path. Denver and a handful of others escaped death by holding onto the roof of the house and were swept out to sea. Of course, one of her fellow castaways was none other than Abigail, who could barely stand the sight of her.
Now that she’s floating in the ocean, stuck on a small boat with the most popular kids in school and waiting to be rescued, Denver wonders what might kill her first-dehydration, sunstroke, or the girl she used to think of as a sister?
A hilariously dark and twisted story that sparkles with a remarkably fresh voice, The Lifeboat Clique is Kathy Park’s irreverent yet insightful novel about how to survive in the most unthinkable circumstances.
I could never imagine being stuck on a raft with a bunch of people who treated me badly. I could imagine that the temptation to throw them all overboard would be overwhelming. In this sense, Denver may be a much more forgiving person than me. When a tsunami forces a few popular kids in a boat with the unlucky, unpopular girl, they're all forced to face their differences. Don't be fooled, this book is certainly not a moral lesson in how to reconcile with enemies. This book is about how a girl somehow maintains most of her sanity while dealing with an ex-best friend and her popular buddies.
Denver is a nice enough girl. I didn't like when she was self-deprecating (which didn't happen too often). I did like how she was an observer and thought on her feet. Thanks to some of her quick thinking the group did much better than they otherwise would have. I liked how the author added in the female friendship component. Denver and Abigail were forced to (somewhat) get along and confront what ended their friendship in the first place. I liked how the situation between the two of them was handled. The author has a way of incorporating a lot of humor in how the characters interact. Overall, this book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake: Guest Post an...
- AVON CELEBRATES LANDMARK ANNIVERSARIES
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh: Excerpt and...
- Outcast by Dianne Noble: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan
- The Violinist of Venice: A Story of Vivaldi by Aly...
- Ride Hard by Laura Kaye
- Midnight in Berlin by James Macmanus
- Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods
- Camp Alien by Gini Koch
- Seal for Her Protection by Paige Tyler: Excerpt an...
- Love Unrestricted: Anthology- Sale Blitz!
- Our Love Grows Written and Illustrated by Anna Pig...
- Sale Blitz: Temptation by Kelsey Karson
- What She Left by T.R. Richmond
- Model Attraction by Sharon C Cooper: Promo and Giv...
- Island in the Sea by Anita Hughes
- Cruel Water by Freya Barker: Excerpt and Giveaway!...
- My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl
- Her Deviant Lord by Layna Pimentel: Promo!
- And It Was Beautiful: Celebrating Life in the Mids...
- Playing the Part by Jen Turano
- The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard: Sale/Tease Me Thur...
- Black Diamond by Ali Dean: Release Blitz!
- Down To My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: Promo and Giveawa...
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard on Sale for .99 Cen...
- The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
- Jurassic Classics: The Prehistoric Masters of Lite...
- Lord Bachelor by Tammy L. Bailey: Blitz!
- #AWTeen Twitter Chat!
- Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan: Guest Post and Giv...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)