Lucetta Plum is an actress on the rise in New York City, but is forced to abandon her starring role when a fan's interest turns threatening. Lucinda's widowed friend, Abigail Hart, is delighted at the opportunity to meddle in Lucetta's life and promptly whisks her away to her grandson's estate to hide out.
Bram Haverstein may appear to simply be a somewhat eccentric gentleman of means, but a mysterious career and a secret fascination with a certain actress mean there's much more to him than society knows.
Lucetta, who has no interest in Abigail's matchmaking machinations, has the best intentions of remaining cordial but coolly distant to Bram. But when she can't ignore the strange and mysterious things going on in his house, it'll take more than good intentions to keep her from trying to discover who Bram is behind the part he plays.
Lucetta is an up and coming actress whose career is cut short when she has to hide from an avid fan. he may just Bram is an unusual man and the reader will likely think, like me, that he would not want to court an actress, but we just might be wrong! Bram lives in a spooky house where odd things occur and Lucetta, unable to work, decides to get to the bottom of it.
Lucetta's character is spunky and fun. She has a bad, abusive stepfather who "lost" her in a bet. She is rambunctious and clever and makes a career for herself. I liked how she enjoyed the mystery and had a few run-ins with an obnoxious goat (those scenes were a riot!). Bram was handsome and mysterious. He has some kind of a past and secret that the reader will enjoy discovering. The author has a nice, neat writing style that draws the reader in and allows him/her to imagine the scenes and picture them in his/her head. Overall, this would be a fun read for adults.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake: Guest Post an...
- AVON CELEBRATES LANDMARK ANNIVERSARIES
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh: Excerpt and...
- Outcast by Dianne Noble: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan
- The Violinist of Venice: A Story of Vivaldi by Aly...
- Ride Hard by Laura Kaye
- Midnight in Berlin by James Macmanus
- Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods
- Camp Alien by Gini Koch
- Seal for Her Protection by Paige Tyler: Excerpt an...
- Love Unrestricted: Anthology- Sale Blitz!
- Our Love Grows Written and Illustrated by Anna Pig...
- Sale Blitz: Temptation by Kelsey Karson
- What She Left by T.R. Richmond
- Model Attraction by Sharon C Cooper: Promo and Giv...
- Island in the Sea by Anita Hughes
- Cruel Water by Freya Barker: Excerpt and Giveaway!...
- My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl
- Her Deviant Lord by Layna Pimentel: Promo!
- And It Was Beautiful: Celebrating Life in the Mids...
- Playing the Part by Jen Turano
- The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard: Sale/Tease Me Thur...
- Black Diamond by Ali Dean: Release Blitz!
- Down To My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: Promo and Giveawa...
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard on Sale for .99 Cen...
- The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
- Jurassic Classics: The Prehistoric Masters of Lite...
- Lord Bachelor by Tammy L. Bailey: Blitz!
- #AWTeen Twitter Chat!
- Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan: Guest Post and Giv...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)