Island in the Sea by Anita Hughes
Posted by Krystal Larson at 6:04 PM Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Juliet Lyman is a senior executive at Yesterday Records. Music is her passion and she's very good at her job. That's why her famously philanthropic boss Gideon sends her to Majorca, Spain to work with a very tortured, but talented client. Lionel Harding is one of the best song writers of the 20th century, the multi-Grammy award-winning lyricist of the third most recorded song in history. But now he's 42 and six months overdue on the his latest paid assignment. Juliet is not leaving Majorca without either new lyrics or a very large check.
To Juliet, business comes first. Emotions are secondary, and love isn't even on the menu. But to Lionel, love is everything, and he blames Gideon for his broken heart. He's determined to show Juliet that nothing is more important than love, but Juliet is just as determined to get Lionel to create the music that made him famous. If she can sign up local talent, even better. Her new friend Gabriella has a voice like an angel, but she's not interested in fame. Her grandmother, Lydia, wants the world for Gabriella, and she wants Juliet's help to give it to her.
As her professional and personal lives start to mix for the first time, Juliet is forced to reevaluate her priorities. Gideon hasn't been totally honest, and love may be the only thing that gives them all what they need.
Island in the Sea is Anita Hughes' captivating sixth novel, filled with exotic descriptions of food, fashion, and romance.
Over the hill musicians become weathered over time and sometimes can produce less than their best work as they head to the middle-end of their career. Juliet is sent by her record company to try to get one of these musicians back to work and writing again so that his Grammy infused past can continue to a fruitful and money producing future. As she heads to Majorca, Spain she wonders if this adventure into the music scene down there can bring her and her record company what it is looking for.
I loved the cultural writing that the author brings to the table in this novel set in an exotic location. You get so many great descriptions of the sights, smells of the food, and the romance in the air that movies and books portray so well when setting the scene for Latin locations. I also really loved the character Lionel. He is a flawed human being, but he is filled with such passion and love for music and the world around him. It was interesting to see the emotional wall fall down for Juliet when she gets to know Lionel more as she tries to convince him to fulfill his obligations to himself as a musician and the record company that is paying him. All in all, this is a great book for everyone looking for that romantic vacation to an exotic Latin location.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake: Guest Post an...
- AVON CELEBRATES LANDMARK ANNIVERSARIES
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh: Excerpt and...
- Outcast by Dianne Noble: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan
- The Violinist of Venice: A Story of Vivaldi by Aly...
- Ride Hard by Laura Kaye
- Midnight in Berlin by James Macmanus
- Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods
- Camp Alien by Gini Koch
- Seal for Her Protection by Paige Tyler: Excerpt an...
- Love Unrestricted: Anthology- Sale Blitz!
- Our Love Grows Written and Illustrated by Anna Pig...
- Sale Blitz: Temptation by Kelsey Karson
- What She Left by T.R. Richmond
- Model Attraction by Sharon C Cooper: Promo and Giv...
- Island in the Sea by Anita Hughes
- Cruel Water by Freya Barker: Excerpt and Giveaway!...
- My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl
- Her Deviant Lord by Layna Pimentel: Promo!
- And It Was Beautiful: Celebrating Life in the Mids...
- Playing the Part by Jen Turano
- The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard: Sale/Tease Me Thur...
- Black Diamond by Ali Dean: Release Blitz!
- Down To My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: Promo and Giveawa...
- Frosted Sweets by A.M. Willard on Sale for .99 Cen...
- The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
- Jurassic Classics: The Prehistoric Masters of Lite...
- Lord Bachelor by Tammy L. Bailey: Blitz!
- #AWTeen Twitter Chat!
- Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan: Guest Post and Giv...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)