In the end, all that’s left is an echo.
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice.
When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye....
Dying for the next Body Finder novel? Well, readers won't be disappointed. The book picks up from the last novel with Violet working in a group to find murderers. Violet and Jay's romance remains sweet and endearing, but now Rafe is thrown into the mix. Rafe makes things more confusing than ever for Violet. She has to interact with him and answer to him for their different assignments. She also has to worry about catching the attention of a murderer who has a sick crush developing.
This novel focuses on The Girlfriend Collector, an evil man who takes women he believes will love him forever...when they don't he decides he no longer needs them around and hunts for the next poor soul. The author will really draw the reader in with this plot line. The reader gets to know one of the victims very well and will feel much more empathy than merely learning of a faceless character dying. If it is possible, the reader also gets to know Violet, Jay, and Rafe much better too. The reader will be rooting for Violet throughout the novel as the suspense deepens the closer she gets to the murderous Girlfriend Collector.
The author is very good at setting the tone of the novel. The reader will finish each chapter and have to continue reading or the last scenes will remain in the back of his/her mind. There is an eerie undertone throughout the novel that spikes in certain key places. The scenes flow together very well, the reader will be fully aware of everything Violet knows and experiences. The ending is surprising, there are many twists the reader may look forward to in this book. The Last Echo is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Stepping Out of my Comfort Zone for Research Guest...
- Mother's Day Giveaway Event!!!
- Spring Fling Giveaway Hop!
- My Jewelry Box Giveaway!
- On Board with Tess Davies: Guest Post by Claudia G...
- Excerpt from Enchanted by Alethea Kontis Read by t...
- Fairy Tale Giveaway Hop!
- Dark Days Wrap-Up and Giveaway!
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Author or This or Tha...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig and Giveaway!
- Pretty Crooked Book Blast!
- Supergirl Mixtapes by Meagan Brothers
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain *Leave a co...
- Guest Post by Author Jess C Scott
- Excerpt of Playing the Genetic Lottery by Terri M...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig Book Blast and Give...
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda Review and Guest Post!
- Romancing Memories by John Zunski
- Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Re...
- Blogger Event Sign-Ups!!!
- The House of Women by Anne Brear: Free Kindle Eboo...
- Avon Impulse Call For Submissions!
- Meg Cabot Read-Along Coming Up!
- RT Giveaway (6 Winners)!
- Showers of Books Giveaway!
- Don't Forget the Dark Days Giveaway (3 books USA w...
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- BEA 2012
- RT Contest: Get More Entries!
- The Gates by Rachael Wade
- Taylor Mali's "You Know" Poem
- Free Kindle Ebook!
- Kersten Kelly Spotlight and Guest Post
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt!
- The Inspiration for Charlie: A Love Story
- Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook
- Daughters For a Time by Jennifer Handford
- The Shifters of 2040 Free on Amazon!
- Amaranth Free on Amazon!
- Seven Point Eight Free In Kindle Store!
- Dyson Housewarming Giveaway Sign-Ups!
- Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Shop 4 Used Cars
- Fat Is the New 30: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide ...
- Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers by Ch...
- Are You Ready For Dark Days?
- Enter the awesome $200 Rainy Day Facebook Frenzy!
- Baroness by Susan May Warren
- Autism Awareness Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Big Fun Sexy Sex Book Excerpt/Video and Giveaw...
- Send Me To BEA :D!
- Favorite Character(s) by P.I. Barrington
- Explorer X Beta by LM Preston
- Taken At Dusk by C.C. Hunter
- The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck
- The House of Order by John Paul Jaramillo and Give...
- Excerpt of The Proposal by Mary Balogh!
- The Number (Zincian Legend #2) by Sheenah Freitas
- What are the mistakes you see in beginner writers?...
- The Sword of Senack by EC Stilson
- Don't Miss Out!
- Book Wedge Review and Giveaway!
- THAT Dream Wedding Contest!
- Eternus by Kimberli Reynolds
- Castle in The Air – Sequel to Howl’s Moving Castle...
- Paris In Love!
- Vote for Me :D!
- River's Call by Melody Carlson
- Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker
- Heaven In Her Arms by Catherine Hickem
- Song of My Heart By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
- The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
- The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFever...
- Sykosa Excerpt!
- Turning Guilt Trips into Joy Ridesb y Shirley Bros...
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon By: Tricia Goyer
- Dreamsleeves by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
- The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
- Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Return to Eden by G.P. Ching Review and Giveaway!
- The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen
- The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
- Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
- The Money Saving Mom's Budget Tour!
- ▼ April (88)