What if you forgot your identity and had to rely on other people to tell you who you were?
And what if to discover your true self, you first had to unravel a mystery so big and terrifying you were not sure you’d survive solving it?
When Marshall and Elyse wake up in each other’s arms with zero memory of how they got there or who they are, it’s the start of a long journey through their separate pasts and shared future.
Terrified by their amnesia, the two make a pact to work together to find the answers that could jog their missing memories. As they piece together clues, they discover they’re in the idyllic mountain resort town of Summer Falls, where everyone seems mysteriously happy, but as Marshall and Elyse quickly learn, darkness lurks beneath the town’s perfect facade. Not only is the town haunted by sinister ghosts, but none of its living inhabitants retain bad memories of anything—not the death of Marshall’s mom, not the hidden shame in Elyse’s family, not even the day-to-day anguish of high school.
Lonely in this world of happy zombies, Marsh and Elyse fall into an intense relationship...but the secrets they uncover could be the death of this growing love—and the death of everyone, and everything, they love in Summer Falls.
This book jumps right into the plot. Marshall and Elyse wake in each others' arms to a very awkward day. Neither of them recognize themselves or know who they are. The search to find out proves somewhat fruitless and far from enlightening. Elyse turns out to be the opposite of what she would have imagined for herself and Marshall spends time uncovering their relationship to each other.
Summer Falls is one of those places that can relax you...to the point of a heat nap. Curiously, heat naps only occur under certain circumstances, they will not occur at random. Elyse and Marshall notice odd behaviors and reactions to disturbing happenings in Summer Falls, they slowly begin to piece together the history behind Summer Falls as well as their own pasts.
Elyse's character was easy to like. She comes off as very real, she isn't the "pretty girl" or "athletic girl," she is a girl who believes in herself and wants to do the best she can. Marshall will make all of the female readers jealous of Elyse. He truly cares for Elyse and goes as far as to try to move in as a guest in her mother's bed and breakfast to keep an eye on her. His naturally inquisitive, sweet personality will get him in trouble, however. The other characters act more as "fill in the blanks" than anything else. The reader will get to know some of them, but not half as well as Elyse and Marshall-whose alternating view points tell the story.
The events of this story are accompanied by a creepy undertone that will keep the reader constantly aware of the strange goings-on at Summer Falls. The author is very descriptive when it comes to Elyse and Marshall's environment and actions, the reader can picture what is going on to understand the whole plot. Once the reader begins to figure out the mystery along with the main character, the reader will discover that the plot is very unique and will likely be very intrigued to read the ending. This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Stepping Out of my Comfort Zone for Research Guest...
- Mother's Day Giveaway Event!!!
- Spring Fling Giveaway Hop!
- My Jewelry Box Giveaway!
- On Board with Tess Davies: Guest Post by Claudia G...
- Excerpt from Enchanted by Alethea Kontis Read by t...
- Fairy Tale Giveaway Hop!
- Dark Days Wrap-Up and Giveaway!
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Author or This or Tha...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig and Giveaway!
- Pretty Crooked Book Blast!
- Supergirl Mixtapes by Meagan Brothers
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain *Leave a co...
- Guest Post by Author Jess C Scott
- Excerpt of Playing the Genetic Lottery by Terri M...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig Book Blast and Give...
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda Review and Guest Post!
- Romancing Memories by John Zunski
- Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Re...
- Blogger Event Sign-Ups!!!
- The House of Women by Anne Brear: Free Kindle Eboo...
- Avon Impulse Call For Submissions!
- Meg Cabot Read-Along Coming Up!
- RT Giveaway (6 Winners)!
- Showers of Books Giveaway!
- Don't Forget the Dark Days Giveaway (3 books USA w...
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- BEA 2012
- RT Contest: Get More Entries!
- The Gates by Rachael Wade
- Taylor Mali's "You Know" Poem
- Free Kindle Ebook!
- Kersten Kelly Spotlight and Guest Post
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt!
- The Inspiration for Charlie: A Love Story
- Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook
- Daughters For a Time by Jennifer Handford
- The Shifters of 2040 Free on Amazon!
- Amaranth Free on Amazon!
- Seven Point Eight Free In Kindle Store!
- Dyson Housewarming Giveaway Sign-Ups!
- Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Shop 4 Used Cars
- Fat Is the New 30: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide ...
- Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers by Ch...
- Are You Ready For Dark Days?
- Enter the awesome $200 Rainy Day Facebook Frenzy!
- Baroness by Susan May Warren
- Autism Awareness Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Big Fun Sexy Sex Book Excerpt/Video and Giveaw...
- Send Me To BEA :D!
- Favorite Character(s) by P.I. Barrington
- Explorer X Beta by LM Preston
- Taken At Dusk by C.C. Hunter
- The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck
- The House of Order by John Paul Jaramillo and Give...
- Excerpt of The Proposal by Mary Balogh!
- The Number (Zincian Legend #2) by Sheenah Freitas
- What are the mistakes you see in beginner writers?...
- The Sword of Senack by EC Stilson
- Don't Miss Out!
- Book Wedge Review and Giveaway!
- THAT Dream Wedding Contest!
- Eternus by Kimberli Reynolds
- Castle in The Air – Sequel to Howl’s Moving Castle...
- Paris In Love!
- Vote for Me :D!
- River's Call by Melody Carlson
- Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker
- Heaven In Her Arms by Catherine Hickem
- Song of My Heart By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
- The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
- The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFever...
- Sykosa Excerpt!
- Turning Guilt Trips into Joy Ridesb y Shirley Bros...
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon By: Tricia Goyer
- Dreamsleeves by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
- The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
- Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Return to Eden by G.P. Ching Review and Giveaway!
- The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen
- The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
- Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
- The Money Saving Mom's Budget Tour!
- ▼ April (88)