Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.
What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.
This book will transport the reader to a very different world, the world of Syrena. Syrena is currently in trouble...all over a missing girl who is a bit of a "fish whisperer."
Emma and Galen are the main characters. Their relationship starts off rocky and continues that way through the majority of the book. Galen is seeking that special girl, he believes there is a strong chance Emma could be her. Emma is dealing with normal teenage issues, from school to a lack of boyfriend to family. Emma is more happy-go-lucky, inquisitive, and funny while Galen is more of an enigma. He can be charismatic, but he can also be a bit of a cold fish at times (punny, I know).
The secondary characters are fun to get to know. Galen's friend and a relative accompany him on his quest, the sparks from their relationship will keep the reader intrigued. Many of the secondary characters have a quality that is memorable to the reader, they also play a very important part in the plot.
The events in this book range from slightly romantic encounters to scary whale shockers to the discovery of a whole different world underwater. The reader will be kept entertained through every scene. This book is highly recommended to teens/young adults/adult readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
You Might Be an OF POSEIDON Fan If…
I’m from the south. Also, I’m southern. (You can be from the south and not actually be southern. Normally these type of people move away, because they don’t fit in here.) Anyhow, to us southerners, Jeff Foxworthy is a mini-deity. His You Might Be a Redneck If… jokes are hilarious. They’re hilarious and we southerners “get” them and we laugh until tears slide down our cheeks and into our mason jar glasses of sweet tea.
But they’re not just jokes. No, they’re actual instruments to help you identify whether or not you’re a redneck. Brilliant, right? No blood-work needed, no background check necessary. A simple yes or no could help you find your true identity. It could help you find where you belong. Give you a sense of purpose in life—well anyway, it’s helpful.
So. I decided that this simple/brilliant method could also work for folks who are contemplating whether or not they should read OF POSEIDON. I’m a bit biased on the subject (you should totally read it), so please, by all means, do take advantage of these valuable tools I’ve provided below:
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You have ever knocked yourself unconscious on some guy’s magnificent pecs.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You think mermaids with fluffy goldfish tails are a bit pansy-ish.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You find chick fights amusing, and not to mention entirely necessary sometimes.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You think royal princes—even hot ones—should be sassed. Often.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You have ever held a funeral for a dead fish before flushing it, or apologized to a dead fish for “accidentally” catching it, even though you were clearly standing on the end of a dock with a fishing pole.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You think insta-love is a metric ton of BS and you prefer your romance slow-simmered and seasoned with bickering and flaws and tingles.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You enjoy spiking the food of your friends and frenemies in order to make them upchuck.
You might be an OF POSEIDON fan if: You think sarcasm is an actual language on which tax dollars should be spent to teach it in a classroom setting at all schools.
So. Could YOU be an OF POSEIDON fan?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- The Midwife of Venice by
- Review and Giveaway!: 365 Days! (USA)
- Huge Blogoversary (belated) Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Entice Cover Reveal!
- Betrayed Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Giveaway: In Leah's Wake By Terri Long
- Frequent Traveller Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Author Janey Beasley!
- Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
- Splash Into Summer Giveaway Hop!
- Summer Essentials Blog Tour!!! Guest Posts and Giv...
- Golden Chariot by Chris Karlsen: Review and INTERN...
- In Leah's Wake by Terri Long Excerpt and Charity P...
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks: Review, Guest Post, and...
- Wish You Were Here by Beth K. Vogt
- Guest Post by Heather Huffman *Free ebook!*
- Fated by Alyson Noel
- Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan
- New Girl by Paige Harbison
- Colors Like Memories Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Diamond Jubilee Celebration Hop!
- Guest Post by Author Hillary Peak!
- Current Giveaways!
- Guest Post By Zoraida Cordova
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
- Swipe by Evan Angler
- Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr
- The Nose Knows by Holly L. Lewitas
- Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Har...
- Beauty by Lisa Daily
- The Beauty Book by Nancy Rue
- The 7% Solution: You Can Afford a Comfortable Reti...
- The Lily Series: Here's Lily! by Nancy Rue
- Waking Storms by Sarah Porter
- Calico Joe by John Grisham
- Between the Duke and the Deep Blue Sea by Sophia N...
- Charlinder's Walk by Alyson Miers: review and give...
- Love In Bloom Giveaway Hop!
- Solution Squared Series by Mike Fontenot
- Research, or how to avoid annoying your readers by...
- A Beautiful Medicine by David Mercier
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter: Review and Gi...
- Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- What Really Matters by Karen M. Wyatt, M.D.
- Shadow's Edge by Jami Gray Giveaway: Comment to wi...
- Rock of Ivanore Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post: How Adversity Turns into Inspiration b...
- Forever Hilltop (An Unlikely Blessing & Surprising...
- Hell Hath No Fury by Bill Blais Cover Reveal!
- Searching for Sassy by Alyson Mead
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Nothing Special by Geoff Herbach Guest Post/Review...
- Lucky Fools by Coert Voorhees
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Calling by Kim O'Neill
- Overseas by Beatriz Williams
- Who Loves Gamehouse?
- Happy Mother's Day Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- A Bunch of Giveaways! Many International-Gift Car...
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- In Leah's Wake by Terri Long Excerpt and Giveaway ...
- College Boys: Men of Holsum College 1 Review and $...
- Children's Book Week Giveaway Hop!
- Tilt A Whirl Booth Giveaway!
- Forever by Cheri Schmidt
- Silence by Michelle Sagara
- Burn Mark by Laura Powell
- Underworld by Meg Cabot
- Kings & Queens Book Blast and Giveaway!!!
- Kings & Queens Book Blast and Giveaway On Monday!
- Shadow On The Wall by Pavarti K. Tyler
- Elemental by Emily White
- The Girl In The Park by Mariah Fredericks
- Saving You, Saving Me by Kailin Gow
- Unspent Time Launch Party!!! (Giveaways!)
- What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen
- Random Acts Guest Post and $25 Barnes and Noble Gi...
- Giveaway! Autographed Set of Books! USA
- First Comes Love Giveaway! (USA)
- Writing a romance novel and baking a dessert have ...
- Ferocity Summer by Alissa Grosso
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
- The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
- The Boo Hag by David Morgan
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
- Rebel McKenzie by Candice F. Ransom
- Author Contest!
- Finding My Faith Guest Post and $15 Gift Card Give...
- Stories My Mother Told Me . . . and the Ones She N...
- Elemental Book Blast Promotion and Giveaway!
- Sway by Amber McRee Turner
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- The Temptation by Alisa Valdes
- While He Was Away by Karen Schreck
- Miracle by Elizabeth Scott
- ▼ May (100)