White Lies, Black Blood by Trevor Ennis
Posted by Krystal Larson at 10:46 PM Monday, November 21, 2011
White Lies, Black Blood is an epic depiction of a young white woman's journey into her uncovered world of ancestrally linked black heritage and her mind blowing awakening to racism's realities and hidden truths. She, young white Angelica, grows up despising and attacking dark skinned people. However, against everything she was taught, she comes to realized that Adam and Eve; created black and in the image of God, spawned nations of people with common ancestral traits that included varied skin colors like that of her own. She further discovered that as a result of God's divine preordained progeny, all earthly nations multiplied as diluted variation of the original black man. All races bled and still bleeds a common red blood, faintly tainted with the original drip of ancestral Black Blood. In the course of time, unlike so many people like her, Angelica stands face to face with the frightening truth that her senseless racial attack on ordained blackness was also a sacrilegious attack on the original creation of God and the innate blackness that also dwelled within her. The story is fiction but contain elements of non-fiction. Many people will be able to relate to this novel because even though fiction is a lie, in every lie dwells some amount of truth and in every truth dwells an amount of lie. My purpose for writing about racism is to peel away lies and expose certain 'truths'. This I have done despite the fact that certain influential elements of society will object and will still choose to hold on to lies and the past rather than face heart rending non-fictional truth in the book. Racism is not unconquerable. The change-train for racism is here, has been here and continues to rumble through adversities. It cannot be stopped and it will not be derailed. So those with warped, progress-obstructing minds need only to get on board because if not, they are going to be left behind, lost in the grinded archaic social shambles of the past. This is not a book that breaks down huge socio-political encounters using analytical verbiage nor is it written from the mind of one who has a doctorate degree on numerous subjects and writes on a level that is way above the level of the ordinary man so that only the highly educated can understand and be impressed by complicated lies. This is not one of those books. The points of views are from right where I stand, an ordinary man putting on paper what I see, feels and thinks. Furthermore, please note that nor does the book's political undertones reflect the perspectives and thought process of the Hannities, the O'Reillies, the Becks, the slanted perspectives of FOX news network, the Senator Joe Wilsons, power hungry Tea Partiers, the wealthy and selfish Republicans politicians or the small extremely wealthy special interest minority. It is a story with plots, and scenes, and dialogue and themes, mind boggling sex and even details of a flying bullet into the head of one of the world's most renowned celebrity. It reflects the point of view of ordinary people, the majority, the poor, justice seekers and the many who desire that racism should no longer be used as an instrument of exploitation. It articulates their voices so that they too can be seen, heard and felt. In this book, the eggshells of lies have already been peeled so what you will be reading is plain and simple truth encased in love. A gripping page turner...without hesitation, you have got to read this book.
A statement the author makes on the back cover of this book applies perfectly "Fiction is a lie, but in every lie dwells some amount of truth." The reader will have to make up his/her mind about how truthful or not this novel's premise is, but it is certainly interesting. The characters are unique, the author is definitely pushing a certain character on the reader-one that he wants liked. Angelica is definitely hard to like, the author doesn't give her too many redeeming qualities-again, the reader will have to make up his/her own mind. There are many strong view points discussed in this book; they may make for good conversation food for thought. The author does a good job at portraying his argument well, there are several good points. The summation above does a terrific job of explaining the plot. There is a very harsh undertone through part of the book which varies with the gentler tone towards the end.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)
- A Survivor’s Guide to Kicking Cancer’s Ass by: Den...
- Scream Catcher by Vincent Zandri
- Guest Post by Author Karen Hooper (Tangled Tides)
- Writing for a Character that Doesn’t Just Cheat De...
- Winner Wonderland Giveaway!
- Broken Captive by BK Walker
- Studio Center Total Production-Check It Out!
- Precisely Terminatd by Amanda L. Davis
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
- Lovable Labels!
- Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand
- The Paranormal Turkey Tour (Comment for a chance t...
- Cover Adoration Nov 28, 2011
- The Stay Tuned Holiday Tour
- Guest Post with Stephen Schochet
- The Sounding by Carrie Salo
- Black Friday Book Bonanza! (USA)
- Abithica by Susan Goldsmith
- A Death at the North Pole by Joel M. Andre Spotlig...
- True Grime by Natasha Deen
- Gratitude Giveaways Blog Hop
- Destined by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
- Rebirth by Dave Longeuay
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Melody Burning by Whitley Strieber
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- Hunter of Shadows by Nancy Gideon
- Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose
- Fateful by Claudia Gray
- 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover by Carolyn Moncel
- True Blue Tucker by Campbell Jeffreys
- 1001 Best Ways by Paul Angles
- Box of Rocks by Karla Telega
- Mayan Calendar Girls: The Great Meso-American Nove...
- Killing Rites by M.L.N. Hanover
- Vicious Grace by M.L.N. Hanover
- Darker Angels by M.L.N. Hanover
- Unclean Spirits by M.L.N. Hanover
- The Guardian's Witchild by Feather Stone
- White Lies, Black Blood by Trevor Ennis
- The Door To Far-Myst by Mike Dicerto
- Amazing Bloomsbury Ebook Prices!
- The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts
- Excerpts from Bloodbound and Blood's Voice by Aine...
- Cover Reveal!
- Cover Reveal!
- Destined by Jessie Harrell Book Birthday Shout Out...
- Book Excerpt: Code of Darkness by Chris Lindberg
- Win a Kindle Touch for YOU and a Friend from Trici...
- It's Simple by Michelle Richardson
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- Entrapped by Barbara Kyle Excerpt and Giveaway
- ARC Tours for Struck Jennifer Bosworth
- Sacrifice by Alexandrea Weis
- The Vase with the Many Coloured Marbles by Jacob S...
- Chance to Win on Another Blog!
- Archon: The Books of Raziel by Sabrina Benulis
- Joined Stumble Upon Yet?
- Poison Diaries Competition Winner!
- The Song of Unmaking by D. Barkley Briggs
- Hollywood Stories: Short, Entertaining Anecdotes a...
- Anessia's Quest by Karen Arnpriester
- Until There Was You by Kristin Higgins Review and ...
- Amazing Chance To Win All 4 Books in a Series!
- A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
- Cover Adoration Nov 12, 2011
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore Guest P...
- Guest Post with Holli Pfau
- Broken Words: The Abuse of Science and Faith In Am...
- The Alchemy of You by Patricia Copley O'Connell
- Thank You
- Want A Chance at a Dreamless ARC?
- Leanna Renee Hieber Tour Dates!
- Sign Up For The Mother's Day Gift Hop!
- Sports Time
- Because of You Ebook Giveaway (International)
- November Giveaway Hop! USA
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Ashley Wintters
- Want To Win a Signed Copy of The Poison Diaries?
- The Poison Diaries: Nightshade by Maryrose Wood an...
- My Seductive Cuba by Chen Lizra (Goodreads Author)...
- The Fix-It Shop by Frederick Alimonti
- Psyched Out by M.A. MacAfee
- Me and My Manny by M. A. Macafee
- Letters Home by Earle Kirkbride
- Interview with Author Aimee Carter of The Goddess ...
- Cover Adoration Nov 6, 2011
- Something Witchy Comes This Way by Veronica Blade
- Devil's Hand by M.E. Patterson
- For The Birds by Aaron Paul Lazar
- Two Moons of Sera by Pavarti K Tyler
- Amber Muse by Lacey Wolfe Excerpt!
- Alison Wonderland by Helen Smith
- The Book I Am Most Grateful For
- Echo Falls by Jaime McDougall
- Take a Look At This Awesome Offer!
- Absolute Obsession by C. Elizabeth
- The Niteclif Evolutions: Legacy Nurture Book Tour ...
- ▼ November (108)