Mr. Briggs wrote this book to help his sons through a hard time in their lives, their mothers' death. He succeeded in his purpose for writing the novel. The book is centered around the Barlow brothers, young men who display courage, honesty, and overall integrity.
The events of this book will capture and continue to hold the readers' attention. The events are very fast-paced, the reader will receive information constantly-enough that could almost be confusing, but the author manages to portray the information in such a way that the reader should be able to keep everything in order. The names of the places and people the Barlow brother visit and meet are a little fantastical, keeping with the fantasy, almost Alice In Wonderland feel of the novel.
The Song of Unmaking is a fascinating concept that is the highlight of the plot. The reader will not be even slightly disappointed in the author's later explanation of this phenomena. The secondary characters all have little quirks that will allow them to stand out to the reader and make him/her more memorable than the average secondary character. The ending could not happen any other way, the reader has a series to look forward too. This book is recommended to teens/young adults.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
Author's Facebook Page
Celebrate the relaunch of
The Legends of Karac Tor
by D. Barkley Briggs with a
FREE Kindle Fire™
+ 48 other YA fantasy titles.
Brand new publisher. Five books. One epic story.
Better still, the first three books are in stores now.(The Book of Names, Corus the Champion, Song of Unmaking)
Win a FREE Kindle Fire™
Win a FREE iPod™ Shuffle (latest model).
Win 48 of the best YA fantasy novels available.
GO TO FACEBOOK.COM/DBARKLEYBRIGGS TO ENTER
Upload a photo and you’re entered to win. It’s that easy! A Grand Prize of 48 of the best YA Christian fantasy novels on the planet awaits you…FREE! But that’s not all. The Second Place winner gets a FREE iPod Shuffle, so enter today. The more you enter, the more you tell your friends, the higher your chances to win. The contest officially launches Nov. 1 and concludes Nov. 30
1. Photo Entries: To participate, you must upload at least one photo of yourself reading a Legends of Karac Tor book between Nov. 1-30, with the cover prominently featured in the photo. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must ALSO upload at least one photo of yourself reading a Legends of Karac Tor book to my Facebook wall.
2. Bonus Points: Want to increase your chances even more? Help me spread the word! By re-posting or linking to this Contest on your Facebook Wall, you can earn 5 “bonus entry points!” That means your name gets entered five (5) more times! Combined this with three different photo entries and you can earn up to eight (8) entries. NOTE: FOR BONUS ENTRIES TO COUNT, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE TAG @DBarkleyBriggs IN YOUR FACEBOOK WALL LINK, otherwise it will not show on my Wall, and I will have no way to track it and give you proper credit.
3. Wild Cards: Opportunities for additional points may or may not be given to Twitter followers @DBarkleyBriggs. Want an extra photo challenge for something goofy and fun? Follow me on Twitter…or have your parents follow me. They can fill you in and you’ll get an extra edge. Wild Card submissions (via Twitter and/or Facebook) are permitted to exceed the 8 point entry limit, so check frequently.
1. One Grand Prize winner will be randomly drawn from all total entries. Remember, to be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must enter via the Facebook app AND upload the pic to my wall. Since multiple entries increase chances of winning, odds of winning are variable and unknown.
2. Finally, the Second Place prize will be AWARDED STRICTLY TO THE PHOTO WHICH RECEIVES THE MOST VOTES. So tell your friends and get them voting!
THE FINE PRINT: This contest is in no way associated with Facebook, Apple or Amazon, nor sponsored by Facebook, Apple or Amazon. Covers for the various books in the final Prize Pack may come from different editions, compilations or boxed sets than what appears in the photo. Books will be physical editions, not eBooks. Participation in this contest is voluntary and results cannot be used by any entrant before, during or after for claims of grievance against any of the authors included, including the contest sponsor, D. Barkley Briggs. While every effort will be made to ship all prizes in time for Christmas, 2011, no guaranteed delivery date is expressed or implied. The “Official Rules” are subject to slight revision between now and Nov. 1. Please read them again when the contest officially launches.