'Everything has a story,' Lunden explained. 'In fact, most things have many stories. In order to fix something properly, one needs to know more about it than simply what is broken. You need to know its story. It sounds strange, but to fix something, I mean really fix something, involves a lot more than mechanics or engineering. This toaster of yours has quite a lot to say, and, with a little fixing, quite a few more stories yet to gather.' Taconic New York is a sleepy town. In fact, it's practically dead. Tommy Jameson wonders what has happened to 'his town.' One day, an odd little man opens Ed's Fix-It Shop. Ed Lunden, its mysterious owner, seems able to fix everything even a hopelessly cracked baseball bat is returned to its owner 'better than new' and fit for play. Can this strange man fix only things? Do his abilities extend to people and perhaps even the whole 'broken' town? Find out in The Fix-It Shop: A Story of Music, Magic, a Baseball Bat, and a Toaster.
Tommy is a very special main character. Although he is in a wheel-chair most of his life, he still appears to make the best of things. When Ed Lunden moves to town and opens up shop, Tommy hopes that Mr. Lunden may be able to fix him as well. However, through Mr. Lunden's careful tutelage and some intervening events, Tommy learns that maybe nothing is broken.
Tommy as a character was precious. He is likable, sweet, and funny. Mr. Lunden, likewise, is likable. The characters will stick with the reader even after the reader finishes the short story. The events were fast-paced and charming for the most part. Parents and children alike will enjoy this story. The vocabularly was kept simple enough for children ages eight or nine and up to read. The book will certainly keep the childrens' attention. This book is recommended to parents and their younger children/middle grade.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- A Survivor’s Guide to Kicking Cancer’s Ass by: Den...
- Scream Catcher by Vincent Zandri
- Guest Post by Author Karen Hooper (Tangled Tides)
- Writing for a Character that Doesn’t Just Cheat De...
- Winner Wonderland Giveaway!
- Broken Captive by BK Walker
- Studio Center Total Production-Check It Out!
- Precisely Terminatd by Amanda L. Davis
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
- Lovable Labels!
- Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand
- The Paranormal Turkey Tour (Comment for a chance t...
- Cover Adoration Nov 28, 2011
- The Stay Tuned Holiday Tour
- Guest Post with Stephen Schochet
- The Sounding by Carrie Salo
- Black Friday Book Bonanza! (USA)
- Abithica by Susan Goldsmith
- A Death at the North Pole by Joel M. Andre Spotlig...
- True Grime by Natasha Deen
- Gratitude Giveaways Blog Hop
- Destined by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
- Rebirth by Dave Longeuay
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Melody Burning by Whitley Strieber
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- Hunter of Shadows by Nancy Gideon
- Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose
- Fateful by Claudia Gray
- 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover by Carolyn Moncel
- True Blue Tucker by Campbell Jeffreys
- 1001 Best Ways by Paul Angles
- Box of Rocks by Karla Telega
- Mayan Calendar Girls: The Great Meso-American Nove...
- Killing Rites by M.L.N. Hanover
- Vicious Grace by M.L.N. Hanover
- Darker Angels by M.L.N. Hanover
- Unclean Spirits by M.L.N. Hanover
- The Guardian's Witchild by Feather Stone
- White Lies, Black Blood by Trevor Ennis
- The Door To Far-Myst by Mike Dicerto
- Amazing Bloomsbury Ebook Prices!
- The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts
- Excerpts from Bloodbound and Blood's Voice by Aine...
- Cover Reveal!
- Cover Reveal!
- Destined by Jessie Harrell Book Birthday Shout Out...
- Book Excerpt: Code of Darkness by Chris Lindberg
- Win a Kindle Touch for YOU and a Friend from Trici...
- It's Simple by Michelle Richardson
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- Entrapped by Barbara Kyle Excerpt and Giveaway
- ARC Tours for Struck Jennifer Bosworth
- Sacrifice by Alexandrea Weis
- The Vase with the Many Coloured Marbles by Jacob S...
- Chance to Win on Another Blog!
- Archon: The Books of Raziel by Sabrina Benulis
- Joined Stumble Upon Yet?
- Poison Diaries Competition Winner!
- The Song of Unmaking by D. Barkley Briggs
- Hollywood Stories: Short, Entertaining Anecdotes a...
- Anessia's Quest by Karen Arnpriester
- Until There Was You by Kristin Higgins Review and ...
- Amazing Chance To Win All 4 Books in a Series!
- A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
- Cover Adoration Nov 12, 2011
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore Guest P...
- Guest Post with Holli Pfau
- Broken Words: The Abuse of Science and Faith In Am...
- The Alchemy of You by Patricia Copley O'Connell
- Thank You
- Want A Chance at a Dreamless ARC?
- Leanna Renee Hieber Tour Dates!
- Sign Up For The Mother's Day Gift Hop!
- Sports Time
- Because of You Ebook Giveaway (International)
- November Giveaway Hop! USA
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Ashley Wintters
- Want To Win a Signed Copy of The Poison Diaries?
- The Poison Diaries: Nightshade by Maryrose Wood an...
- My Seductive Cuba by Chen Lizra (Goodreads Author)...
- The Fix-It Shop by Frederick Alimonti
- Psyched Out by M.A. MacAfee
- Me and My Manny by M. A. Macafee
- Letters Home by Earle Kirkbride
- Interview with Author Aimee Carter of The Goddess ...
- Cover Adoration Nov 6, 2011
- Something Witchy Comes This Way by Veronica Blade
- Devil's Hand by M.E. Patterson
- For The Birds by Aaron Paul Lazar
- Two Moons of Sera by Pavarti K Tyler
- Amber Muse by Lacey Wolfe Excerpt!
- Alison Wonderland by Helen Smith
- The Book I Am Most Grateful For
- Echo Falls by Jaime McDougall
- Take a Look At This Awesome Offer!
- Absolute Obsession by C. Elizabeth
- The Niteclif Evolutions: Legacy Nurture Book Tour ...
- ▼ November (108)