Witch Song by Amber Argyle
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:44 PM Wednesday, September 7, 2011
The world is changing. Once, Witch Song controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons--but not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by a traitor. All but Brusenna. As the echo of their songs fade, the traitor grows stronger. Now she is coming for Brusenna. Her guardian has sworn to protect her, but even he can't stop the Dark Witch. Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the traitor. Fight her. Defeat her. Because if Brusenna doesn't, there won't be anything left to save.
First off, I received a copy from Amber Argyle as a giveaway and I was so happy!!! I loved this book and now I'll tell you why you will too.
Brusenna isn't the most well-liked girl in the village. In fact, everyone appears spiteful and afraid of her. Brusenna is a witch, more specifically, a very powerful witch who doesn't know the depth of her own powers yet. She meets one of the only other remaining witches in town and finds out that many witches are being held in chains and that she might be integral to their escape. The evil antagonist, the Dark Witch, used to be the leader...until she wanted more and more power. Brusenna's mother leaves in an attempt to help fight the Dark Witch. It isn't long before Brusenna leaves as well, with only a dog at her side. She finds help in the town's sheriff and his brother and nephew. Joshen, the nephew, becomes the potential love interest. Brusenna must face dangers and discover new qualities of herself and her past that she never knew she had to take down the Dark Witch.
Brusenna is a great main character. She is sweet, charming, and kind. The reader will root for her throughout the novel. Joshen is protective, caring, and mature. He is the perfect counterpart for Brusenna. There are quite a few interesting secondary characters that the reader will love to get to know as well.
This book moved fast! The events are very fast-paced, no chance for boredom there. The ending was perfect with a little twist thrown in. The author writes very fluidly, the reader will find that the transitions are tight and work well together. This book is recommended for young adults/teens who enjoy fantasy with a touch of mystery and romance.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)
- Guest Post with Rachael Wade and chance to win a K...
- Ding Dong The Diva's Dead by Cat Melodia
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Linda Yellin!
- Guest Post with Rebecca Royce
- Banned Books Week Giveaway! September 24th to Octo...
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Michelle Franklin
- Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure by Kathryn ...
- Fair Wind to Bahlia by Thomas Thorpe
- Kiss of The Night by Debbie Viguie
- Home At Last Chance by Hope Ramsay
- Home Sweet Home by Bella Riley
- Flawless by Carrie Lofty
- There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
- Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls #2) by C.C. Hunter
- Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Debra Brenegan
- Favorite Banned Book Anyone?
- Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy
- God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere
- Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere
- Resonance by A.J. Scudiere
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Amber Scott!
- Weaving Destiny (The Soulkeepers #2) by GP Ching a...
- Riptide by Cherry Adair
- Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren
- Dark Eden by Patrick Carman
- Ghosts of a Tired Universe by Jonas Samuelle
- The Arranger by L.J. Sellers Giveaway!
- Devil. May. Care. by Jolene Ballard Gutierrez
- Crossroads by Mary Ting
- Mocked by Faith Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Half-Blood Trailer!
- Dark Souls by Paula Morris
- Just Fine the Way They Are: From Dirt Roads to Rai...
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
- The Empire by Elizabeth Lang
- Crow's Row by Julie Hockley
- The Snowman's Revenge by Mark Smythe Illustrations...
- Meggie Brooks by Daphne Woods
- Young Adult Fest!
- I am Now a Member of B2B
- Small Blogs, Big Giveaways!
- Perfectly Crazy by Mitzi Penzes
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse: Revenge, Everything ...
- Rhapsody of Lessons Learned or Remembered by Georg...
- What is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know ...
- 18 & Over Book Blogger Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Patti Roberts!
- Chocolicous by Geraldine Solon
- Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3) by N.K. Smith...
- The Wounded Heart by Adina Senft
- Fateful by Cheri Schmidt
- The Wayward Life and Times of a Dipsy Doodle Dandy...
- Jarred Into Being by Pat Lawrence
- Guest Post with Richard Bard and Giveaway of 2 Sig...
- Guest Post with Zachery Richardson!
- Bloodlands by Christine Cody
- inSyte Guest Post with Greg Kiser and Giveaway!
- The Matchmaker's Mark by Regan Black
- Giveaway on Total Bookaholic!
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Kristie Cook! 2 Winne...
- Bright, Young, & Luxe Giveaway Hop
- After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steve E Wedel
- Dark Eden is Coming!!!
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Horse Sayings by Bradford Gordon Wheler
- Let The White Doves Soar by Robert S Dahl
- Zaftan Miscreants by Hank Quense
- Madison J Edwards Guest Post and Giveaway (over 18...
- Telling Lies by Cathy Stoler
- Fixing Cupid by Cristian YoungMiller
- Bunny and the Bear Giveaway! (18+ Entrants only pl...
- Awesome Giveaway On Another Blog
- Seers by Heather Frost
- Witch Song by Amber Argyle
- Heather Song by Michael Phillips
- Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout...
- The Last Blind Date by Linda Yellin
- Brainrush: A Thriller by Richard Bard
- Quick Update
- The Willows: Haven (The Willows, #1) by Hope Colli...
- The Bird Flew Away Guest Post with Lynda M. Martin...
- Haunting Lila Rocked!
- The Santa Club by Kelly Moss Guest Post!
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Marie Harbon!
- I Didn't Ask To Be Born : (But I'm Glad I Was) by ...
- Targets of Opportunity by Jeffrey S Stephens
- Awesome Giveaway On Another Blog
- 10 Days of Giveaways!
- ▼ September (94)