Search This Blog

Home At Last Chance by Hope Ramsay

Friday, September 23, 2011
Dear Reader,
You won't believe what's happened. My son Tulane has come back home! You remember Tulane? He'd set out to find fame and fortune in the big, wide world outside of Last Chance, and I'm mighty proud. But that's not the half of it-Tulane isn't only back, he's brought a young lady with him.
Now Sarah-she does PR for Tulane's stock-car team-she's from Boston, but she's just about the sweetest girl you could meet. I think she's meant to keep Tulane out of trouble after that story in the papers, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Anyhow, the Ladies Auxiliary can't wait to start matchmaking and introduce Sarah to our Reverend Ellis. But mark my words, Sarah is tired of being a good girl. And no one is better at breaking the rules and raising Cain than my son . . .
Listen to me going on and keeping customeres waiting. I best get back to work, but you come round again. The Cut 'n' Curl's got hot rollers, free coffee, and the best gossip in town.
See you real soon,
Ruby Rhodes

Goodreads Summary

This was a really sweet novel.  The author continues to deliver terrific books made to be read at the beach or during a long car ride.  Tulane and Sarah are the main characters, they fit each other perfectly as a couple.  Tulane is smart, caring, and kind and Sarah is much the same.  They are both likable characters and easy to enjoy. 

I don't want to say too much about the plot lest I risk giving away too much, but I can tell you that the plot held my attention throughout the book.  The events were fairly fast-paced and the ending will leave the reader wanting more.  The author has a stream-lined way of writing that makes the plot immediately clear and the transitions flow.  This book is recommended to adults.

4 Stars

Find this book:

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

1 comments:

  1. lea said...:

    I`ve heard a lot of good thing about this book!