In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.
When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.
But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.
When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.
Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.
Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.
For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.
Finley was a very complex character. She was also one of the most preoccupied, worried characters that I have ever read about. Her brother died, she has to think about schools, she decides to take a break, etc... Everything appears to be piling up, Finley needs to relax and breathe. She is also struggling with her beliefs, she wonders if God is no longer listening to her.
This book is definitely religious, but it is not showy or pushy at all. The main concept is Finley accepting life and life's consequences. She meets many people that take her for a turn as she travels. They all teach her something that she will value.
Beckett is the love interest. He is surprisingly...mild, refreshing to see in a young adult book. He wasn't a glowering, glaring character; he was a little bit lost himself. The developing relationship between him and Finley can only be described as sweet, almost innocent. They each have their moments, some of them funnier than others, in the relationship, but there is typically smooth sailing.
This book is a great read for young adults, I requested this from Booksneeze and was very happy with it.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository great prices at all 3!
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Guest Post with Rachael Wade and chance to win a K...
- Ding Dong The Diva's Dead by Cat Melodia
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Linda Yellin!
- Guest Post with Rebecca Royce
- Banned Books Week Giveaway! September 24th to Octo...
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Michelle Franklin
- Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure by Kathryn ...
- Fair Wind to Bahlia by Thomas Thorpe
- Kiss of The Night by Debbie Viguie
- Home At Last Chance by Hope Ramsay
- Home Sweet Home by Bella Riley
- Flawless by Carrie Lofty
- There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
- Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls #2) by C.C. Hunter
- Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Debra Brenegan
- Favorite Banned Book Anyone?
- Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy
- God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere
- Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere
- Resonance by A.J. Scudiere
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Amber Scott!
- Weaving Destiny (The Soulkeepers #2) by GP Ching a...
- Riptide by Cherry Adair
- Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren
- Dark Eden by Patrick Carman
- Ghosts of a Tired Universe by Jonas Samuelle
- The Arranger by L.J. Sellers Giveaway!
- Devil. May. Care. by Jolene Ballard Gutierrez
- Crossroads by Mary Ting
- Mocked by Faith Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Half-Blood Trailer!
- Dark Souls by Paula Morris
- Just Fine the Way They Are: From Dirt Roads to Rai...
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
- The Empire by Elizabeth Lang
- Crow's Row by Julie Hockley
- The Snowman's Revenge by Mark Smythe Illustrations...
- Meggie Brooks by Daphne Woods
- Young Adult Fest!
- I am Now a Member of B2B
- Small Blogs, Big Giveaways!
- Perfectly Crazy by Mitzi Penzes
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse: Revenge, Everything ...
- Rhapsody of Lessons Learned or Remembered by Georg...
- What is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know ...
- 18 & Over Book Blogger Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Patti Roberts!
- Chocolicous by Geraldine Solon
- Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3) by N.K. Smith...
- The Wounded Heart by Adina Senft
- Fateful by Cheri Schmidt
- The Wayward Life and Times of a Dipsy Doodle Dandy...
- Jarred Into Being by Pat Lawrence
- Guest Post with Richard Bard and Giveaway of 2 Sig...
- Guest Post with Zachery Richardson!
- Bloodlands by Christine Cody
- inSyte Guest Post with Greg Kiser and Giveaway!
- The Matchmaker's Mark by Regan Black
- Giveaway on Total Bookaholic!
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog
- Awesome Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post and Giveaway With Kristie Cook! 2 Winne...
- Bright, Young, & Luxe Giveaway Hop
- After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steve E Wedel
- Dark Eden is Coming!!!
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Horse Sayings by Bradford Gordon Wheler
- Let The White Doves Soar by Robert S Dahl
- Zaftan Miscreants by Hank Quense
- Madison J Edwards Guest Post and Giveaway (over 18...
- Telling Lies by Cathy Stoler
- Fixing Cupid by Cristian YoungMiller
- Bunny and the Bear Giveaway! (18+ Entrants only pl...
- Awesome Giveaway On Another Blog
- Seers by Heather Frost
- Witch Song by Amber Argyle
- Heather Song by Michael Phillips
- Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout...
- The Last Blind Date by Linda Yellin
- Brainrush: A Thriller by Richard Bard
- Quick Update
- The Willows: Haven (The Willows, #1) by Hope Colli...
- The Bird Flew Away Guest Post with Lynda M. Martin...
- Haunting Lila Rocked!
- The Santa Club by Kelly Moss Guest Post!
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Marie Harbon!
- I Didn't Ask To Be Born : (But I'm Glad I Was) by ...
- Targets of Opportunity by Jeffrey S Stephens
- Awesome Giveaway On Another Blog
- 10 Days of Giveaways!
- ▼ September (94)