Search This Blog

Santorini Sunsets by Anita Hughes

Thursday, August 11, 2016


The seventh intoxicating love story by Anita Hughes, set in beautiful Santorini, Greece. When a Hollywood superstar and a NYC society girl fall in love, sparks fly and secrets are revealed.

Brigit Palmer is thrilled to be on the Greek Island of Santorini. She's here for her wedding to Hollywood heart-throb Blake Crawford, one of America's most eligible bachelors. Brigit's parents have rented a villa, and soon guests will arrive from all over the world for the intimate ceremony.

Brigit is a New York socialite, and she's just given up her position at a Manhattan law firm to run her father's philanthropic foundation. Things are finally falling into place. Love, career, family. Everything is going so well...until she steps into the garden and sees her ex-husband Nathaniel hiding in the rose bushes.

Nathaniel, a failed novelist, announces that Blake sold the rights to the wedding to HELLO! Magazine for two million dollars (donated to charity), and he is the reporter assigned to write the story. Everyone expects Brigit to have her happily ever after, including her mother who taught her how to lead the perfect lifestyle, her younger sister Daisy who impatiently wishes for her own love story, and of course, her fiancé. Things are supposed to work out for them. But when Brigit discovers an unsettling secret about Blake, she questions everything she's ever believed about love, and wonders if she's better off alone.

Told in Anita Hughes' spectacularly descriptive prose, SANTORINI SUNSETS is a story about family bonds, first loves, and the question of when to let go and when to hang on as tight as you can.
 

Goodreads Summary

Brigit is marrying the guy of her dreams, but all she can think about is how his secret will impact her and how she should handle it. In a beautiful setting, she cannot relax and be happy about her wedding. This book is definitely not for everyone.  There is a portion that addresses cheating and forgiveness where I felt like it was inappropriate for someone to easily forgive the cheater given the circumstances (I don't think I personally could ever forgive cheating). I was put out by the book based on that aspect alone. 

My favorite part was Blake and his personality: sweet and a little obtuse (he wasn't very aware). I felt like Brigit made many irrational and irresponsible decisions. I liked reading about a character who made vastly different choice than me, but sometimes the decisions were just too extreme for me to really like her character. Nathan was a nice character in that he genuinely seemed to love Brigit, but I questioned his reasoning and wasn't quite sure why he was such a big part of the story.  I loved the setting and the author's vivid descriptions. I felt like I was really immersed in the story in several parts. Overall, I don't think this book is for me, but may be a hit with Gossip Girl fans.

3 Stars


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: