Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
Posted by Krystal Larson at 3:27 PM Sunday, August 14, 2016
Nothing says Happy Birthday like summoning the spirits of your dead relatives.
I fall to my knees. Shattered glass, melted candles and the outline of scorched feathers are all that surround me. Every single person who was in my house – my entire family — is gone.
Alex is a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation…and she hates magic. At her Deathday celebration, Alex performs a spell to rid herself of her power. But it backfires. Her whole family vanishes into thin air, leaving her alone with Nova, a brujo boy she can’t trust. A boy whose intentions are as dark as the strange markings on his skin.
The only way to get her family back is to travel with Nova to Los Lagos, a land in-between, as dark as Limbo and as strange as Wonderland…
Beautiful Creatures meets Daughter of Smoke and Bone with an infusion of Latin American tradition in this highly original fantasy adventure.
I liked the book in the beginning. The plot was interesting and I liked Alex's character. She is fun, quirky, and determined (if not a bit selfish). When she accidentally wishes her family gone, she must go down the "rabbit hole" to retrieve them. What follows is an interesting, if not a little predictable story.
Alex's character was complex and I liked that she was fairly well-developed in the book. However, it was hard to truly care about her because the predictability made it easy to know what was going to happen with her character. Nova, a love interest, was charismatic, cute, and funny. I did not, however, like the love triangle despite it being nice that bisexuality was taken seriously in the novel. Overall, this might be a good read for someone else, but not so much for me!
2 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
- My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- The Patient's Resource and Almanac of Primary Care...
- Rocks Fall Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar
- Dancing With the Tiger by Lili Wright
- Whitefern by V.C. Andrews: Promo and Giveaway!
- Don't Go To Bed Angry: Stay Up and Fight by Deb De...
- Beautiful Scars by Kilee Brookbank
- The Girl From Savoy by Hazel Gaynor
- All the Wounds in Shadow by Anise Eden
- One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire: Review and Giveawa...
- The Sixth Idea (Monkeewrench #7) by P.J. Tracy
- The Lost and the Found by Cat Clarke
- Brae MacKenzie: A Romance of Mythic Identity by Ke...
- Whitefern by V.C. Andrews
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
- Cherry by Lindsey Rosin
- How To Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
- The Gate to Futures Past by Julie E. Czerneda: Pro...
- Top Tens List with Charles A. Salter (Kare Kids Ad...
- James Dashner Google Hangout!
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards
- Dear Jane by Rachel Ward
- Clear To Lift by Anne A Wilson
- Unknown by Wendy Higgins: Promo and Giveaway!
- Until Summer Ends by Elana Johnson: Top Tens List...
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
- The Mermaid's Secret by Kate Schickel
- The Real Peter Pan by Piers Dudgeon
- Santorini Sunsets by Anita Hughes
- Free YA Ebook!
- A Beauty Refined by Tracie Peterson
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- 100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen
- Love Blind by Christa Desir and Jolene Perry
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- The Problem With Forever by Jennifer Armentrout
- UNITED Launch Blitz & Giveaway
- A Hundred Hours of Night by Anna Woltz
- Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy) by Jane O'C...
- ▼ August (42)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)