Clear To Lift by Anne A Wilson
Posted by Krystal Larson at 5:14 PM Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Navy helicopter pilot Lt. Alison Malone has been assigned to a search and rescue team based at Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada, near the rugged peaks of the Sierra Nevada, and far from her former elite H-60 squadron. A rule follower by nature, Alison is exasperated and outraged every time she flies with her mission commander, "Boomer" Marks, for whom military procedures are merely a suggestion. Alison is desperate to be transferred out of the boonies, where careers stagnate, and back to her life and fiancé in San Diego.
Alison's defenses start to slip when she meets mountain guide Will Cavanaugh during a particularly dicey mission. Will introduces her to a wild, beautiful world of adventure that she has never known before. Stranded on a mountain during a sudden dangerous blizzard, Alison questions every truth she thought she knew about herself. When Will braves the storm to save her life, she must confront the fact that she has been living a lie. But is it too late to change course?
Full of action and adventure, dangerous and heart-stopping rescues, blizzards and floods, family secrets and second chances, Clear to Lift by Anne A. Wilson is a thrilling woman's journey as she finds confidence, truth, love, and herself against the majestic backdrop of the Sierra Nevada.
Alison isn't sure she likes her new assignment. After being part of an elite squadron, a search and rescue team isn't exactly an upgrade. However, Alison quickly finds that search and rescue isn't such a walk in the park. It requires tenacity, bravery, and amazing dogs! When she herself is in need of a rescue, she isn't a typical "come save me" heroine. While stranded, she realizes some truths about herself and her past.
This book is filled with exciting and page-turning scenes. I loved the romance between Will and Alison (who doesn't want a guy willing to risk his life for yours?). The romance felt organic and developed slowly over time. Alison's character was someone I can relate to. She had a tough time with her father more or less vamoosing (the part I cannot relate to) and that has made her a more careful and cautious person. She doesn't trust easily. I loved how the author scripted the high-danger scenes. Some of the people and events felt alive to me. They were easy to imagine and they jumped off the page; they were vivid. I finished the book much more quickly than I thought I would. This would be a great read for fans of the author or any adult looking for an exhilarating book!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
- My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- The Patient's Resource and Almanac of Primary Care...
- Rocks Fall Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar
- Dancing With the Tiger by Lili Wright
- Whitefern by V.C. Andrews: Promo and Giveaway!
- Don't Go To Bed Angry: Stay Up and Fight by Deb De...
- Beautiful Scars by Kilee Brookbank
- The Girl From Savoy by Hazel Gaynor
- All the Wounds in Shadow by Anise Eden
- One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire: Review and Giveawa...
- The Sixth Idea (Monkeewrench #7) by P.J. Tracy
- The Lost and the Found by Cat Clarke
- Brae MacKenzie: A Romance of Mythic Identity by Ke...
- Whitefern by V.C. Andrews
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
- Cherry by Lindsey Rosin
- How To Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
- The Gate to Futures Past by Julie E. Czerneda: Pro...
- Top Tens List with Charles A. Salter (Kare Kids Ad...
- James Dashner Google Hangout!
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards
- Dear Jane by Rachel Ward
- Clear To Lift by Anne A Wilson
- Unknown by Wendy Higgins: Promo and Giveaway!
- Until Summer Ends by Elana Johnson: Top Tens List...
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
- The Mermaid's Secret by Kate Schickel
- The Real Peter Pan by Piers Dudgeon
- Santorini Sunsets by Anita Hughes
- Free YA Ebook!
- A Beauty Refined by Tracie Peterson
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- 100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen
- Love Blind by Christa Desir and Jolene Perry
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- The Problem With Forever by Jennifer Armentrout
- UNITED Launch Blitz & Giveaway
- A Hundred Hours of Night by Anna Woltz
- Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy) by Jane O'C...
- ▼ August (42)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)