Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
Posted by Kierra at 4:00 AM Saturday, September 28, 2013
After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.
Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?
Teen drama is Simone Elkeles’ specialty. Wild Cards is extremely similar to her popular Perfect
Chemistry trilogy that teen girls adored and devoured. This resemblance to her earlier work is good;
readers of her novels expect and want to read about heartache, drastic situations, and the growth of the characters who are trying to navigate their complicated lives.
The heroine of Wild Cards is Ashtyn Parker, a girl who takes no prisoners when playing football,
but is terrified of being left behind. She is the captain of her high school varsity football team, a position she was elected to by her fellow players who admire her determination and skill. Landon, Ashtyn’s boyfriend, wanted to be captain and refuses to play on a team that he will not be leading; so, he leaves his team of three years to join the school’s rivals. He even helps his new rival team to harass Ashtyn. To beat their rivals and play college football, Ashtyn is going to need a miracle.
Derek, the hero of Wild Cards, might be that miracle. A football hero who refuses to play,
Derek’s antics cause him to be expelled from his fancy boarding school. Expulsion means that Derek is forced to follow Brandi, his pregnant stepmother back to Illinois, where she grew up. Derek plans to finish his senior year and then leave; falling for Ashtyn was not part of his plan. Ashtyn is Brandi’s
younger sister and Derek’s sister-in-law. The twist-and-turn filled plot of Wild Cards is the ideal balance of romance and growth.
"Reviewed by Chelsea"
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Find This Book:
Barnes and Nobles
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
- Beautiful Battlefields By: Bo Stern
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Unthinkable by Nacy Werlin
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
- Interview and Giveaway for Conjured by Sarah Beth ...
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Broken is $4.99 as an ebook!
- The Last Gentle Dentist Spotlight!
- Banned Book Giveaway Hop!
- Chat with Gayle Forman-author of Just One Day!
- Afloat by Erin Healy
- Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- The Bare Naked Truth by Bekah Martin
- Rocky Road Book Blast!
- Little Fish Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Preview an Episode of Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette is FREE on Amazon!
- The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen: Guest Post!
- The House That Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- Brooklyn Girls by Gemma Burgess
- Leon's Lair by The Phoenix Blitz
- Champion: Excerpt and Book Trailer!
- Mystery Box Giveaway!
- Browse Not A Drop to Drink
- Have You Heard of Phoenix Overture?
- Check Out Spindlers!
- Free Ebook Series!
- Insight by Terron James
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
- What's New at Sourcebooks?
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Straub
- Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
- Counting by 7's Blog Tour!
- Kevin by Paul Kupperberg
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (818)