Afloat by Erin Healy
Posted by Krystal Larson at 3:11 PM Thursday, September 19, 2013
Dark waters are rising.
There’s sabotage lurking in the waters of Eagle’s Talon, an elite floating community designed by gifted architect Vance Nolan. There’s also something else in the water—a mysterious presence friendly to some and hostile to others. And when disaster strikes, not even the saboteur expects it to be the first in a series of crushing blows.
Stranded by a flood and surrounded by unnatural darkness, a limping band of residents, builders, and investors set their sights on escape. Single mom Danielle Clement will do whatever it takes to save her young son Simeon, but she doesn’t know who to follow: her charismatic lover and aspiring politician Tony Dean, who dotes on her and her boy, or the selfless Vance, who promises protection for everyone who stays with him—based on a vision and a faith she doesn’t share.
In this watery world where everyone’s secrets will eventually come to light, survival might have more to do with uncovering the truth than with getting out alive.
I love books concerning scary mysteries. This book made me read it straight through...I literally couldn't put it down. This book is filled with disasters-everything from sinkholes to mysterious presences that are both dangerous and benevolent depending on who the character is. As people struggle to survive in the midst of these problems secrets emerge that affect the group as a whole. The reader will find him/herself glued to the pages as the secrets unfold.
I really loved the plot of this story. Some readers (like myself) may find the book initially confusing, but it soon becomes easier to read as the backstories clarify themselves. I didn't like all of the characters, but I wasn't necessarily supposed to. Many readers will find themselves torn between the two love interests. It was easy to get caught up in Danielle's life. I really wanted to slide in to the story and make the decision for her. Overall, this book is ideal for adult readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
- Beautiful Battlefields By: Bo Stern
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Unthinkable by Nacy Werlin
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
- Interview and Giveaway for Conjured by Sarah Beth ...
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Broken is $4.99 as an ebook!
- The Last Gentle Dentist Spotlight!
- Banned Book Giveaway Hop!
- Chat with Gayle Forman-author of Just One Day!
- Afloat by Erin Healy
- Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- The Bare Naked Truth by Bekah Martin
- Rocky Road Book Blast!
- Little Fish Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Preview an Episode of Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette is FREE on Amazon!
- The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen: Guest Post!
- The House That Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- Brooklyn Girls by Gemma Burgess
- Leon's Lair by The Phoenix Blitz
- Champion: Excerpt and Book Trailer!
- Mystery Box Giveaway!
- Browse Not A Drop to Drink
- Have You Heard of Phoenix Overture?
- Check Out Spindlers!
- Free Ebook Series!
- Insight by Terron James
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
- What's New at Sourcebooks?
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Straub
- Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
- Counting by 7's Blog Tour!
- Kevin by Paul Kupperberg
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (818)