Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
Posted by Krystal Larson at 4:48 PM Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.
What happened to her?
And why can't she remember?
Chloe has a huge problem-she can't remember the past six months of her life and she doesn't know why. I can't imagine what I would do in her situation. She looks for clues and tries to discover past memories from her supposed "new" friends and boyfriend. She can feel instinctively that something is off and has suddenly received amazing grades and a terrific SAT score (personally, I don't know if I'd *want* to know why I had such a surprising turn-around if that was me). Chloe is horrified to learn that her best friend, Maggie, won't have anything to do with her. She cajoles and apologizes until Maggie begins to slowly break down, but will she want to hear what Maggie has to say?
The whole plot of this novel is awesome. I know it's probably been done before (not exactly the same, but similar), but I really enjoyed the suspense and mystery that shrouded the plot. I didn't really guess the whole ending correctly; I loved how I was surprised-that doesn't happen often. I had a really hard time putting this book down. I finished the entire novel in two sittings. This book is highly recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
- Beautiful Battlefields By: Bo Stern
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Unthinkable by Nacy Werlin
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
- Interview and Giveaway for Conjured by Sarah Beth ...
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Broken is $4.99 as an ebook!
- The Last Gentle Dentist Spotlight!
- Banned Book Giveaway Hop!
- Chat with Gayle Forman-author of Just One Day!
- Afloat by Erin Healy
- Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- The Bare Naked Truth by Bekah Martin
- Rocky Road Book Blast!
- Little Fish Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Preview an Episode of Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette is FREE on Amazon!
- The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen: Guest Post!
- The House That Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- Brooklyn Girls by Gemma Burgess
- Leon's Lair by The Phoenix Blitz
- Champion: Excerpt and Book Trailer!
- Mystery Box Giveaway!
- Browse Not A Drop to Drink
- Have You Heard of Phoenix Overture?
- Check Out Spindlers!
- Free Ebook Series!
- Insight by Terron James
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
- What's New at Sourcebooks?
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Straub
- Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
- Counting by 7's Blog Tour!
- Kevin by Paul Kupperberg
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (818)