Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:48 PM Monday, September 30, 2013
is the riveting conclusion to The Days of Redemption trilogy by Shelley Shepard Gray, celebrated author of tender Christian romance novels set in Amish country.
Honest and faithful Elsie Keim falls for her new neighbor, Landon, but she can’t bear to tell him the truth: She’s going blind.
Landon is enamored with Elsie. When Elsie’s brother Roman steps in and shares the truth of Elsie’s disease, Landon is floored. His job is demanding and takes him away from home, sometimes for days at a time. He wonders how he’d be able to keep up with his responsibilities and take care of Elsie.
In Eventide, three generations of the Keim family come together to make their dreams come true.
Shelley Shepard Gray, bestselling author of the Sisters of the Heart books, draws her Days of Redemption trilogy to a heart-warming finish
This was one book that I can say I really enjoyed the beginning, middle, and end of the series. Elsie has quite the confession to make-she's going blind. Personally, I couldn't imagine having to figure out what to do and how to live much less tell someone about it. I felt terrible for Elsie throughout the entire book. Landon is falling in love with Elsie, but he is not yet aware of her situation. Some men (and women) would not want to deal with someone (in a romantic capacity) who might end up blind. Landon, on the other hand, rises up the situation and begins to prepare and hope he can help Elsie. Landon discovers Elsie's problem in the worst way-his brother tells him rather than Elsie telling her secret. I thought that that was a shame. If I were in Elsie's shoes, I would want to tell Landon myself.
Overall, I really enjoyed this novel. I thought that author kept the plot moving at a nice, lively pace and that the characters were easy to get to know and love. Elsie was a very intense and sympathetic character. I really loved Landon because of his easy acceptance of Else's condition. He was handsome, capable, and charismatic-what more could you want from a love interest? I thought that the author summed up the ending well, too. This book is perfect for those who have previously loved this series as well as adults who enjoy Christian fiction.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
- Beautiful Battlefields By: Bo Stern
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Unthinkable by Nacy Werlin
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
- Interview and Giveaway for Conjured by Sarah Beth ...
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Broken is $4.99 as an ebook!
- The Last Gentle Dentist Spotlight!
- Banned Book Giveaway Hop!
- Chat with Gayle Forman-author of Just One Day!
- Afloat by Erin Healy
- Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- The Bare Naked Truth by Bekah Martin
- Rocky Road Book Blast!
- Little Fish Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Preview an Episode of Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette is FREE on Amazon!
- The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen: Guest Post!
- The House That Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- Brooklyn Girls by Gemma Burgess
- Leon's Lair by The Phoenix Blitz
- Champion: Excerpt and Book Trailer!
- Mystery Box Giveaway!
- Browse Not A Drop to Drink
- Have You Heard of Phoenix Overture?
- Check Out Spindlers!
- Free Ebook Series!
- Insight by Terron James
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
- What's New at Sourcebooks?
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Straub
- Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
- Counting by 7's Blog Tour!
- Kevin by Paul Kupperberg
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (818)