Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:25 PM Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Praise for Code of Silence: 'Deliberate, plausible, and gritty whodunit.' --Booklist Starred Review Taken! A detour through the park leads Cooper, Gordy, Hiro, and Lunk straight into a trap, and Gordy is abducted! For the kidnapper, it's all a game, a way to settle an old score, with no one getting hurt. But evil has a way of escalating, and once his identity is discovered, the rules change. Despite the best of police efforts, the hours tick by without a clue or a ransom call, leaving everyone to their own fears. Gordy is gone. Cooper descends deeper into a living nightmare, imagining the worst for his best friend and cousin. Hours stretch into days, and talks of a memorial service begin to surface. But Cooper still feels his cousin is alive and develops a reckless plan, changing all the rules. Now the one who set out to rescue his friend needs to be rescued himself. Sometimes rescuing a friend from darkness means going in after them.
I thought that this book was a perfect read for a rainy summer or fall day. I was able to finish it in one sitting and felt like everything was completely tied up at the end of the novel (which is always nice- no cliff-hangers!). Gordy, one of the four friends that the reader is used to from a prior novel, is kidnapped. This leads to panic and confusion among the rest of the gang. In an odd way, this book reminded me a little bit of the Scooby Doo show. I really liked how the friends worked together and never gave up on their friend. There were numerous goofy decisions that will make the reader groan out loud; there were parts when I literally cringed.
I really liked a lot of the characters. They were very easy to root for during the mystery. I thought that the author did a terrific job of creating the spooky atmosphere necessary to carry out his plot. Young adult/teen readers will really enjoy this novel.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Eventide by Shelley Shephard Gray
- Beautiful Battlefields By: Bo Stern
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Unthinkable by Nacy Werlin
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
- Interview and Giveaway for Conjured by Sarah Beth ...
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Broken is $4.99 as an ebook!
- The Last Gentle Dentist Spotlight!
- Banned Book Giveaway Hop!
- Chat with Gayle Forman-author of Just One Day!
- Afloat by Erin Healy
- Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- The Bare Naked Truth by Bekah Martin
- Rocky Road Book Blast!
- Little Fish Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Preview an Episode of Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette is FREE on Amazon!
- The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen: Guest Post!
- The House That Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- Brooklyn Girls by Gemma Burgess
- Leon's Lair by The Phoenix Blitz
- Champion: Excerpt and Book Trailer!
- Mystery Box Giveaway!
- Browse Not A Drop to Drink
- Have You Heard of Phoenix Overture?
- Check Out Spindlers!
- Free Ebook Series!
- Insight by Terron James
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
- What's New at Sourcebooks?
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Straub
- Back Before Dark by Tim Shoemaker
- Counting by 7's Blog Tour!
- Kevin by Paul Kupperberg
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (816)