Search This Blog

Star Cursed By: Jessica Spotswood

Monday, June 17, 2013
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.

Goodreads Summary

Before I begin, I must say that Star Cursed ends on a cliffhanger and I am going crazy trying to figure out what will happen next!  Spotswood is an awesome author to be able to drive me this crazy; I haven’t been this nutty since the last Harry Potter novel.  So here is my review of Star Cursed...
Cate is struggling; she has joined the Sisterhood and is thought to be the fulfillment of a unique prophecy.  The Sisterhood, a secret organization of witches, believes Cate will lead them into a brighter future.  Cate just might be the girl who will defeat the oppressive Brotherhood.  A new prophecy has been made that creates more questions for Cate and even fewer answers.  For the reader, this prophecy will lead to an exciting twist in the plot.
Cate is an excellent main character.  She has an incredible inner strength and tons of determination although her situation is less than ideal.  Whom Cate trusts and puts her faith in is the biggest challenge she faces.  This fasted-paced novel will have readers on the edge of their seats.  I would recommend this to a high school aged audience that enjoys fantasy and adventure.

4 Stars
*Reviewed by Kristin*

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

7 comments:

  1. bn100 said...:

    Don't like cliffhangers. Thanks for telling us.

  1. Diana said...:

    I love the book cover! Thanks for the review!

  1. Glad to hear that you like this. I'm planning to read this one soon, and reading your review only make me want to read it even more. Thanks for telling me the cliffhanger ending too. At least I can prepare myself :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    Love this type of book the most. I thrive on the mystery/thriller book!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Sounds interesting with that cliffhanger..I can usually only tolerate them if the next book in a series is out already haha :)

  1. Susan T. said...:

    This sounds awesome but I think I'll wait until the next book is out so I don't have to suffer after the cliffhanger!

  1. Berenice said...:

    I just looked this one up on Goodreads and the cover is so pretty! I haven't read the first book in the series but it sounds like something I'd like to read. I'm definitely adding this one to my list. Cliffhangers drive crazy too.! Great review, thank you =D.