Search This Blog

Janie Face to Face By: Caroline B. Cooney

Tuesday, June 25, 2013



In this riveting and emotional conclusion to the thriller-romance Janie series, that started with The Face on the Milk Carton, all will be revealed as readers find out if Janie and Reeve’s love has endured, and whether or not the person who brought Janie and her family so much emotional pain and suffering is brought to justice.

Goodreads Summary




I read the first book because my daughter suggested it.  As a mom, the horror of having a child taken...and not seeing her until she was grown made me keep my kids closer to me whenever we were away from home.  I missed reading the middle "Janie" novels, but picked this one up and I'm glad I did.  I know that I've missed so much: renewed relationships and broken ones.  Based on my impressions from the first book, I was surprised that Janie made some of the choices that she did.  Hannah seemed scary but mentally unbalanced in the first book, so I could give her a little sympathy. It was hard to believe that nice people like the Johnsons could have raised her.  No matter how rotten your child seems though...you still want to help them - and Frank has.  That's a disappointment.  Here, Hannah seems so much worse - despicable.  


Janie's decision to change her name felt wrong, and I felt bad for the parents who raised her.  She seemed to be distancing herself from them too much.  Otherwise, I love a happy ending and a strong character like Janie (Jennie).  You rejoice with the Springs for their happy ending, and I'm glad Cooney brought Reeve back.  I like him in the first book (how could he sell her out? - might have to go back and read The Voice on the Radio).  
Four Stars

*Reviewed by Colleen*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

5 comments:

  1. Diana said...:

    I'm thinking of reading the book... thanks to your review :)

  1. bn100 said...:

    Sounds different

  1. Susan T. said...:

    I have the first book in this series but haven't gotten to it yet. Seems I'm in for quite a soap opera Lol!

  1. Unknown said...:

    These sound like interesting and somewhat disturbing books; I'll be putting them on my tbr :)

  1. Berenice said...:

    I've heard of this series before but have yet to read any of the books. I'd like to maybe give them a try one day. Great review. Thank you! =)