We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:22 PM Saturday, August 8, 2015
Before the asteroid we let ourselves be defined by labels:
The athlete, the outcast, the slacker, the overachiever.
But then we all looked up and everything changed.
They said it would be here in two months. That gave us two months to leave our labels behind. Two months to become something bigger than what we'd been, something that would last even after the end.
Two months to really live.
The premise of this book was really cool. I love the idea of asteroids and contemplating the last few months of your life (like it in a book, that is). The different characters and the ability to read from their points of views were a fun addition. Sometimes, this detracts from a novel since it can make it more difficult to get to know each character, but the author made it work in this book. I liked how he turned stereotypes into likable and individual characters. These characters thought about what it meant to be teenagers, what they wanted out of their lives, and how they felt about the impending asteroid. I liked how the asteroid gave them the impetus to break from their traditional roles; they no longer conformed to what was expected of them.
The plot of the book was fairly tame and what I expected. It was easy to keep turning the pages. I liked getting deep into the characters' heads. If I'm honest, I don't think these characters would ever be my friends in real life, but that made it even more fun to get to know them. The author kept the anticipation growing throughout the novel. I really didn't know what to expect and how the author would resolve the various issues that popped up prior to the asteroid's arrival. This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
- Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- Luck Be A Lady by Meredith Duran: Giveaway and Pro...
- The Dark Rituals: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Blood & Salt: Trailer and Giveaway!
- Invaded by Melissa Landers
- First In Line: Promo and Giveaway!
- Resist by Tracy Lawson: Q&A and Promo!
- Breakout by Ann Aguirre: Promo and Giveaway!
- Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare: Promo and...
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
- End of Summer Giveaway!
- Aftermath Lounge by Margaret McMullan
- Romancing the Thriller in The Left-Hand Way
- Aftermath Lounge Blog Tour
- Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas
- Pathfinder Tales: Liar's Island by Tim Pratt- GIVE...
- Polaris by Mindee Arnett
- Lord of the Demons: Giveaway and Promo!
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- Cover Reveal and Giveaway for AMERICA'S FIRST DAUG...
- Love's Great Adventure Series: Free Ebooks!
- A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
- Book Trailer: The Sleeping King!
- Excerpt from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
- The Dickens Mirror by Ilsa J Bick
- Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross
- Dive Into a New Book: Drowning is Inevitable: Prom...
- I Love My Hair: Promo!
- Illuminae: Fan News!
- The Eternity Key by Bree Despain
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- Jack Templar and the Lord of the Demons: Giveaway ...
- ▼ August (41)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)