Search This Blog

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Monday, August 31, 2015

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

Goodreads Summary

An unlikely group of misfits come together to achieve a momentous task in the realm of magic and deception. This dark story dives into black market dealings and would satisfy the fancy of everyone who would be into this genre.

I really liked the interactions between all of the characters on the mission team. The author does a stellar job at developing all of their personalities individually and nailing how they would interact together. It is like a dysfunctional family that somehow operates well enough together to survive. I also loved the moments of humor thrown in to break up the times of serious darkness.  This book will also appeal to the supernatural lover. With this great blend, who wouldn't love this "Ocean's Eleven" type adventure?

4.5 Stars

Reviewed by Chris

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

4 comments:

  1. Bube said...:

    Wow!
    The cover is super awesome,and sounds very interesting!
    Thanks for the great review :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    I've heard nothing but great things. Very excited for this one!

  1. Alisha Sienkiel said...:

    I glad that you enjoyed it! I can't wait for Six of Crows to come out so I already preordered it!

  1. I know that this one has had some mixed reviews. I for one am nervous about it because (apologies to all Leigh Bardugo fans), the Grisha trilogy just didn't wow me like it did so many others. I am really hoping that I will fall in love with this story, though. It sounds so good!