The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
Posted by Krystal Larson at 3:23 PM Monday, August 24, 2015
In this poignant and hilarious novel, Rachael Allen brilliantly explores the nuances of high school hierarchies, the traumas sustained on the path to finding true love, and the joy of discovering a friend where you least expect.
Don’t get mad, get even!
In the small town of Ranburne, high school football rules and the players are treated like kings. How they treat the girls they go to school with? That’s a completely different story. Liv, Peyton, Melanie Jane, and Ana each have their own reason for wanting to teach the team a lesson—but it’s only when circumstances bring them together that they come up with the plan to steal the one thing the boys hold sacred. All they have to do is beat them at their own game.
Brimming with sharp observations and pitch-perfect teen voices, fans of Jenny Han and Sarah Mlynowski are sure to fall head-over-heels for this sharp tale—by the author of 17 First Kisses—about the unexpected roads that can lead you to finding yourself.
The high school football team can put a lot of pressure on it's teammates to be with a specific type of girl. The members can turn good guys bad and make them feel like they have to act a certain way to fit in. The same thing exists for the popularity hierarchy in groups of girls. This all makes for a sizzling high school drama titled properly on the subject of revenge.
I like how the book explores boys and girls from all walks of life in the high school age. It brings me back to over a decade ago when I was walking the halls and people watching. You get that feel of raging hormones and how even the smallest things matter as much as if someone murdered your brother. The author captures everything perfectly down to every last "get the last word in" snarky remark. It all adds up to awesome drama that many will love to explore. Take a look, you on't regret it.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
- Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- Luck Be A Lady by Meredith Duran: Giveaway and Pro...
- The Dark Rituals: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Blood & Salt: Trailer and Giveaway!
- Invaded by Melissa Landers
- First In Line: Promo and Giveaway!
- Resist by Tracy Lawson: Q&A and Promo!
- Breakout by Ann Aguirre: Promo and Giveaway!
- Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare: Promo and...
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
- End of Summer Giveaway!
- Aftermath Lounge by Margaret McMullan
- Romancing the Thriller in The Left-Hand Way
- Aftermath Lounge Blog Tour
- Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas
- Pathfinder Tales: Liar's Island by Tim Pratt- GIVE...
- Polaris by Mindee Arnett
- Lord of the Demons: Giveaway and Promo!
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- Cover Reveal and Giveaway for AMERICA'S FIRST DAUG...
- Love's Great Adventure Series: Free Ebooks!
- A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
- Book Trailer: The Sleeping King!
- Excerpt from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
- The Dickens Mirror by Ilsa J Bick
- Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross
- Dive Into a New Book: Drowning is Inevitable: Prom...
- I Love My Hair: Promo!
- Illuminae: Fan News!
- The Eternity Key by Bree Despain
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- Jack Templar and the Lord of the Demons: Giveaway ...
- ▼ August (41)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)