Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:14 PM Monday, August 10, 2015
If you want to live happily ever after, first you have to stay alive.
Viv knows there’s no escaping her fairy-tale curse. One day her beautiful stepmother will feed her a poison apple or convince her on-again-off-again boyfriend, Henley, to hunt her down and cut out her heart before she breaks his. In the city of Beau Rivage, some princesses are destined to be prey.
But then Viv receives an invitation to the exclusive club where the Twelve Dancing Princesses twirl away their nights. There she meets Jasper, an underworld prince who seems to have everything—but what he really wants is her. He vows to save her from her dark fate if she’ll join him and be his queen.
All Viv has to do is tear herself away from the huntsman boy who still holds her heart. Then she might live to see if happily ever after is a promise the prince can keep. But is life as an underworld queen worth sacrificing the true love that might kill her?
This book reminded me so much of Once Upon a Time and I absolutely loved it! Viv (with the "Snow White" curse) has a life that has already been predetermined. She knows that her stepmother will somehow kill her. There aren't too many of us that can say that our step-parents want us dead! To make matters worse, Viv has a boyfriend who she loves, but who is destined to kill her. Beau Rivage is a town where fairy tales play out as peoples' lives. Viv is hoping to meet her prince before her untimely demise, but she also wants to find a way to stay with Henley, her hunstman.
I loved how the book included many different types of fairy tales. There are fairy tales that I haven't heard of in a long time and I loved reading about them in this book. Viv's friend has diamonds and flowers spilling from her mouth when she speaks and a girlfriend who is incredibly self-absorbed (Goldilocks curse). The author developed each character both dependent on the fairy tale, but with an independent twist on their personality. I rooted for Viv and Henley throughout the book. Their love seemed real to me. The ending was both unexpected and perfect. This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (292)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
- Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- Luck Be A Lady by Meredith Duran: Giveaway and Pro...
- The Dark Rituals: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Blood & Salt: Trailer and Giveaway!
- Invaded by Melissa Landers
- First In Line: Promo and Giveaway!
- Resist by Tracy Lawson: Q&A and Promo!
- Breakout by Ann Aguirre: Promo and Giveaway!
- Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare: Promo and...
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
- End of Summer Giveaway!
- Aftermath Lounge by Margaret McMullan
- Romancing the Thriller in The Left-Hand Way
- Aftermath Lounge Blog Tour
- Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas
- Pathfinder Tales: Liar's Island by Tim Pratt- GIVE...
- Polaris by Mindee Arnett
- Lord of the Demons: Giveaway and Promo!
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- Cover Reveal and Giveaway for AMERICA'S FIRST DAUG...
- Love's Great Adventure Series: Free Ebooks!
- A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
- Book Trailer: The Sleeping King!
- Excerpt from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
- The Dickens Mirror by Ilsa J Bick
- Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross
- Dive Into a New Book: Drowning is Inevitable: Prom...
- I Love My Hair: Promo!
- Illuminae: Fan News!
- The Eternity Key by Bree Despain
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- Jack Templar and the Lord of the Demons: Giveaway ...
- ▼ August (41)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)