Excerpt from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:25 PM Tuesday, August 11, 2015
For fans of I Don’t Know How She Does It and Where’d You Go, Bernadette?.
In A Window Opens, beloved books editor at Glamour magazine, Elisabeth Egan, brings us Alice Pearse, a compulsively honest, longing-to-have-it-all, sandwich generation heroine for our social-media-obsessed, lean in (or opt out) age.
Like her fictional forebears Kate Reddy and Bridget Jones, Alice plays many roles (which she never refers to as “wearing many hats” and wishes you wouldn’t, either). She is a mostly-happily married mother of three, an attentive daughter, an ambivalent dog-owner, a part-time editor, a loyal neighbor and a Zen commuter. She is not: a cook, a craftswoman, a decorator, an active PTA member, a natural caretaker or the breadwinner. But when her husband makes a radical career change, Alice is ready to lean in—and she knows exactly how lucky she is to land a job at Scroll, a hip young start-up which promises to be the future of reading, with its chain of chic literary lounges and dedication to beloved classics. The Holy Grail of working mothers―an intellectually satisfying job and a happy personal life―seems suddenly within reach.
Despite the disapproval of her best friend, who owns the local bookstore, Alice is proud of her new “balancing act” (which is more like a three-ring circus) until her dad gets sick, her marriage flounders, her babysitter gets fed up, her kids start to grow up and her work takes an unexpected turn. Readers will cheer as Alice realizes the question is not whether it’s possible to have it all, but what does she―Alice Pearse―really want?
Check out the excerpt here!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
- Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- Luck Be A Lady by Meredith Duran: Giveaway and Pro...
- The Dark Rituals: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Blood & Salt: Trailer and Giveaway!
- Invaded by Melissa Landers
- First In Line: Promo and Giveaway!
- Resist by Tracy Lawson: Q&A and Promo!
- Breakout by Ann Aguirre: Promo and Giveaway!
- Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare: Promo and...
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
- End of Summer Giveaway!
- Aftermath Lounge by Margaret McMullan
- Romancing the Thriller in The Left-Hand Way
- Aftermath Lounge Blog Tour
- Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas
- Pathfinder Tales: Liar's Island by Tim Pratt- GIVE...
- Polaris by Mindee Arnett
- Lord of the Demons: Giveaway and Promo!
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- Cover Reveal and Giveaway for AMERICA'S FIRST DAUG...
- Love's Great Adventure Series: Free Ebooks!
- A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
- Book Trailer: The Sleeping King!
- Excerpt from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
- The Dickens Mirror by Ilsa J Bick
- Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross
- Dive Into a New Book: Drowning is Inevitable: Prom...
- I Love My Hair: Promo!
- Illuminae: Fan News!
- The Eternity Key by Bree Despain
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- Jack Templar and the Lord of the Demons: Giveaway ...
- ▼ August (41)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)