Interview with Carrie Arcos!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:21 AM Thursday, October 11, 2012
How do you find someone who doesn’t want to be found? A girl searches for her missing addict brother while confronting her own secrets in this darkly lyrical novel.Rachel has always idolized her older brother Micah. He struggles with addiction, but she tells herself that he’s in control. And she almost believes it. Until the night that Micah doesn’t come home.
Rachel’s terrified—and she can’t help but feel responsible. She should have listened when Micah tried to confide in her. And she only feels more guilt when she receives an anonymous note telling her that Micah is nearby and in danger.
With nothing more to go on than hope and a slim lead, Rachel and Micah’s best friend, Tyler, begin the search. Along the way, Rachel will be forced to confront her own dark secrets, her growing attraction to Tyler…and the possibility that Micah may never come home.
Buy the book (releases on the 16th!) at Amazon and The Book Depository!
1. How do you come up with your characters' names?
For OUT OF REACH, I've always loved the name Micah, so I decided upon his name pretty quickly. For Rachel, I wanted something classic, and I really liked the sound of her name.
2. Did you use any personal experience when creating your plot and/or characters?
Yes. I have looked for a family member who struggles with addiction down in San Diego. The circumstances were quite different, but I know the area pretty well because of that situation. Since I have experience with drug addiction from a family perspective, the book contains quite a bit of emotional truth, though the book is fiction.
3. What are three things that really make your book stand out (like we know it does!)?
The first is that it approaches addiction from a sibling’s point of view and not the addict’s. The style of it has been described as lyrical and maybe more on the literary side. There’s also an element of mystery because of the note that Rachel receives and the fact that as a reader you wonder if she will find her brother.
4. What can readers expect from Out of Reach?
They can expect a compelling, emotional read. It’s a tough story in that the themes are pretty difficult—addiction, loss, the lies that we tell each other—but it’s also a rewarding journey because ultimately it’s a story of hope and love.
5. What was the most difficult part of Out of Reach to write about?
Probably what Rachel has to learn. I don’t want to give anything away, but she’s looking for her brother, someone who she’s been very close to over the years, and he’s chosen meth over everything else, even her. It’s very painful because ultimately she can’t do anything. Micah has to be the one to decide when he’s had enough.
6. Are you currently working on anything now?
Yes. I’m currently writing a story about a boy struggling with grief. I’m loving it, so hopefully you’ll get to meet him someday.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Toby Gold and the Secret Fortune by Craig R. Evere...
- Author Interview – Laura Lee
- Healing Notes Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Author Interview – Christine Nolfi
- Free Book/Giveaway For Liking a Facebook Page!
- Winners from the 2012 Blogger Contest!
- YA Mythology Giveaway Hop!
- The Waiting Booth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Evertaster by Adam Glendon Shout-Out!
- The King's Damsel by Kate Emerson
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop!
- The Emerald Talisman Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Enter To Win a Merry Little Christmas!
- The Generosity of Strangers – How It All Started b...
- Voting week #4 - Most Entertaining
- Game House!
- Recipe for Trouble: The Cupcake Club by Sheryl Ber...
- Guy Magar – I Almost Decapitated Drew Barrymore
- Fall Into Fantasy Hop! INTERNATIONAL Giveaway!
- Immaculate Confusion Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen ...
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally Review and Gi...
- Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler Review and Giveaway ...
- Prettiest Doll by Gina Willner-Pardo
- Kids Can Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Voting Week #3-Best New Blog!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower By: Stephen Chbosk...
- Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Mead...
- Daughter of Light by V.C. Andrews
- You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren
- Bitten Shame Guest Post
- Interview with Carrie Arcos!
- Silent Song Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Summer Doesn't Have To Be Over Giveaway!
- Life With Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger, Suzanne Woo...
- Where the Trail Ends by Melanie Dobson
- Gallagher's Hope Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Voting Week #2 of Blogger Awards
- INT giveaway & FREE website for any published auth...
- Beta by Rachel Cohn
- Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Appleg...
- Voting Week #1 of Blogger Awards!
- A Military Republic Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Lycaon Press Feature and Giveaway!
- The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance) By: ...
- The Beldam's Eye by Jennifer Rainey: Guest Post an...
- Fangs, Fur, and Fey Giveaway
- Breathless Press Promotion and Giveaway! *over 18 ...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette Giveaway and Book Blast...
- The Shadow Man Interview and Giveaway!
- What’s Your ‘Blind Spot’? Contest!
- ▼ October (53)