Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves
Posted by Krystal Larson at 6:14 PM Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Dear Teen Me includes advice from over 70 YA authors (including Lauren Oliver, Ellen Hopkins, and Nancy Holder, to name a few) to their teenage selves. The letters cover a wide range of topics, including physical abuse, body issues, bullying, friendship, love, and enough insecurities to fill an auditorium. So pick a page, and find out which of your favorite authors had a really bad first kiss? Who found true love at 18? Who wishes he’d had more fun in high school instead of studying so hard? Some authors write diary entries, some write letters, and a few graphic novelists turn their stories into visual art. And whether you hang out with the theater kids, the band geeks, the bad boys, the loners, the class presidents, the delinquents, the jocks, or the nerds, you’ll find friends--and a lot of familiar faces--in the course of Dear Teen Me.
Dear Teen Me is a compilation of letters from authors to their younger, teen selves. These letters are very revealing, who doesn’t want to get to know their favorite author better? Ever wondered if your favorite author agonized over relationships? How about eating disorders? Family life? This is a book worth reading for anyone who wants to get to know their favorite authors better and discover some other amazing authors!
The letters range from the humorous to the sad to the uplifting. All of the letters are inspiring and will likely offer some advice to the reader even if he/she is not necessarily looking for it. Some of the topics are awkward to discuss out loud, but reading from the perspective of someone who has been physically abused or bullied lends a different perspective to the reader. It is easy to slip into the authors’minds as they open up to their readers and let them in on an important time in their lives. Interspersed with the letters are some graphic art letters. The pictures and dialogue add so much to the letter; some readers may even find they prefer this style.
The intimacy of the letters offers the reader a chance to take a glimpse into an author’s life. Hopefully, readers will even learn something that can help them through a difficult time or offer them some respite. This is a must-read book for anyone who wants to learn more about their favorite authors.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Zest Books Facebook profile: www.facebook.com/zestbook
Zest Books Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BooksWithATwist
Zest Books website: www.zestbooks.net
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/zestbooks (Dear Teen Me videos coming next week!)
Dear Teen Me Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12479640-dear-teen-me
Dear Teen Me LibraryThing: http://www.librarything.com/work/12195764
Dear Teen Me site: www.dearteenme.com
Dear Teen Me Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Dear-Teen-Me/108380165901152
Dear Teen Me Twitter: www.twitter.com/DearTeenMe/
E. Kristin Anderson Facebook: www.facebook.com/ekristinanderson
E. Kristin Anderson Twitter: www.twitter.com/ek_anderson
Miranda Kenneally: www.facebook.com/miranda.kenneally
Miranda Kenneally: www.twitter.com/MirandaKennealy
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Toby Gold and the Secret Fortune by Craig R. Evere...
- Author Interview – Laura Lee
- Healing Notes Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Author Interview – Christine Nolfi
- Free Book/Giveaway For Liking a Facebook Page!
- Winners from the 2012 Blogger Contest!
- YA Mythology Giveaway Hop!
- The Waiting Booth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Evertaster by Adam Glendon Shout-Out!
- The King's Damsel by Kate Emerson
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop!
- The Emerald Talisman Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Enter To Win a Merry Little Christmas!
- The Generosity of Strangers – How It All Started b...
- Voting week #4 - Most Entertaining
- Game House!
- Recipe for Trouble: The Cupcake Club by Sheryl Ber...
- Guy Magar – I Almost Decapitated Drew Barrymore
- Fall Into Fantasy Hop! INTERNATIONAL Giveaway!
- Immaculate Confusion Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen ...
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally Review and Gi...
- Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler Review and Giveaway ...
- Prettiest Doll by Gina Willner-Pardo
- Kids Can Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Voting Week #3-Best New Blog!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower By: Stephen Chbosk...
- Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Mead...
- Daughter of Light by V.C. Andrews
- You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren
- Bitten Shame Guest Post
- Interview with Carrie Arcos!
- Silent Song Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Summer Doesn't Have To Be Over Giveaway!
- Life With Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger, Suzanne Woo...
- Where the Trail Ends by Melanie Dobson
- Gallagher's Hope Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Voting Week #2 of Blogger Awards
- INT giveaway & FREE website for any published auth...
- Beta by Rachel Cohn
- Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Appleg...
- Voting Week #1 of Blogger Awards!
- A Military Republic Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Lycaon Press Feature and Giveaway!
- The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance) By: ...
- The Beldam's Eye by Jennifer Rainey: Guest Post an...
- Fangs, Fur, and Fey Giveaway
- Breathless Press Promotion and Giveaway! *over 18 ...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette Giveaway and Book Blast...
- The Shadow Man Interview and Giveaway!
- What’s Your ‘Blind Spot’? Contest!
- ▼ October (53)