Daughter of Light by V.C. Andrews
Posted by Krystal Larson at 10:43 AM Saturday, October 13, 2012
Daughter of Light YOUNG, INNOCENT LORELEI . . . HAUNTED BY FAMILY SECRETS . . . HUNGRY FOR A TASTE OF LIFE . . . DETERMINED TO LEAVE BEHIND THE DARK DESIRES OF HER PAST.
Bestselling author V.C. Andrews lures readers into the passionate world of vampires in this breathtaking new saga of blood ties and longings as powerful—and forbidden—as those of Flowers in the Attic.
“NEVER BE AFRAID OF THE DARKNESS,” DADDY ALWAYS TOLD ME. “DARKNESS IS OUR FRIEND. THE SHADOWS PROTECT US.”
In this enthralling sequel to Daughter of Darkness, V.C. Andrews returns to the story of a beautiful girl desperate to escape her secret family legacy—bred to be a lure for unwitting victims of her father’s blood appetites. Determined to break free and embrace a life outside the shadows, Lorelei runs away from the only world she’s ever known. In a quiet rooming house, she finds refuge among the tenants of elderly Mrs. Winston, and the beginnings of a new love with Liam, her landlady’s handsome grandnephew. But Lorelei soon discovers that burying her past is not so easy: sinister nightmares torment her, and even her waking hours are plagued with the fear that at any moment, Daddy could destroy all she holds dear. Can a child of darkness ever truly feel safe in the light?
This seductive sequel to V.C. Andrews’s Daughter of Darkness will hold readers captive in its irresistible spell.
Lorelei breaks away from her father's odd and sickening appetites. She ends up living with tenants of Mrs. Winston and finds a new complication in the older woman's grandson, Liam. Unfortunately for Lorelei, it seems like the more she gains and loves, the more she has to lose...the more her father could take away from her.
The book begins with an immediate explanation of why Lorelei is so afraid of her father. The reader will probably want to read the first in the series before Daughter of Light, but it isn't one hundred percent necessary. Lorelei's last boyfriend, Buddy, had been invited to her house to an untimely fate before Lorelei had ditched him-saving him. Lorelei finally decides that she can't be the little girl who "feeds" Daddy. The action continues as a girl so used to the dark stumbles around in the light... but for how long?
Lorelei's character took a little getting used to. She identifies herself as apart from Daddy and doesn't appear to enjoy luring boys in to feed him at all. Her decision to run away is admirable and the reader will likely hope she will find her happiness. Her character is very conflicted. She isn't sure how long she can remain undetected. Liam, the love interest, is everything she wanted. He impresses her and becomes someone she doesn't think she can live without. The other characters range from ambivalent to interesting. As always, V. C. Andrews focuses on the main characters and has the secondary characters round out the story. If a young adult/teen reader is looking for a spooky Halloween read, this might be the perfect book!
3 1/2 Stars
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Toby Gold and the Secret Fortune by Craig R. Evere...
- Author Interview – Laura Lee
- Healing Notes Book Feature and Giveaway!
- Author Interview – Christine Nolfi
- Free Book/Giveaway For Liking a Facebook Page!
- Winners from the 2012 Blogger Contest!
- YA Mythology Giveaway Hop!
- The Waiting Booth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Evertaster by Adam Glendon Shout-Out!
- The King's Damsel by Kate Emerson
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop!
- The Emerald Talisman Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Enter To Win a Merry Little Christmas!
- The Generosity of Strangers – How It All Started b...
- Voting week #4 - Most Entertaining
- Game House!
- Recipe for Trouble: The Cupcake Club by Sheryl Ber...
- Guy Magar – I Almost Decapitated Drew Barrymore
- Fall Into Fantasy Hop! INTERNATIONAL Giveaway!
- Immaculate Confusion Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen ...
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally Review and Gi...
- Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler Review and Giveaway ...
- Prettiest Doll by Gina Willner-Pardo
- Kids Can Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Voting Week #3-Best New Blog!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower By: Stephen Chbosk...
- Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Mead...
- Daughter of Light by V.C. Andrews
- You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren
- Bitten Shame Guest Post
- Interview with Carrie Arcos!
- Silent Song Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Summer Doesn't Have To Be Over Giveaway!
- Life With Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger, Suzanne Woo...
- Where the Trail Ends by Melanie Dobson
- Gallagher's Hope Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Voting Week #2 of Blogger Awards
- INT giveaway & FREE website for any published auth...
- Beta by Rachel Cohn
- Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Appleg...
- Voting Week #1 of Blogger Awards!
- A Military Republic Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Lycaon Press Feature and Giveaway!
- The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance) By: ...
- The Beldam's Eye by Jennifer Rainey: Guest Post an...
- Fangs, Fur, and Fey Giveaway
- Breathless Press Promotion and Giveaway! *over 18 ...
- The Reluctant Bachelorette Giveaway and Book Blast...
- The Shadow Man Interview and Giveaway!
- What’s Your ‘Blind Spot’? Contest!
- ▼ October (53)